Uses for an old cutting mat

Metric is better for our hobby world as most kits are made outside of the USA, except Model Shipways.

My current mat has CM on two sides, and Inches on the opposite corners.

I use mostly for just cutting, but occasionally to ruff cut lengths for use to make smaller parts from full length stock provided in kits.

BTW, what color are the lines on your mat, Uwe? :p:p
To be honest ..... I did not know until I took a look at the photos of my build
IMG-9218.jpg
It is - better it was somehow grey, or white, or light green, or ...... seems, that this mat is in use and a lot of cuts were made already - but defintely metric (but I agree, I never use them - it is only good for photos to show the size of a part
BTW: @Steef66 - only that you know - used mats are looking like this........ ;)

I have a question, does anybody know how to cut a cutting mat in smaller pieces? What cutting tool you use for that?
I tried to cut it with a cutting knife, but everytime after the first cut I make it healed itself. I gave up after 50 times trying.

I have a question, does anybody know how to cut a cutting mat in smaller pieces? What cutting tool you use for that?
I tried to cut it with a cutting knife, but everytime after the first cut I make it healed itself. I gave up after 50 times trying.
circular saw - no healing any more

t is - better it was somehow grey, or white, or light green, or ...... seems, that this mat is in use and a lot of cuts were made already - but defintely metric (but I agree, I never use them - it is only good for photos to show the size of a part
BTW: @Steef66 - only that you know - used mats are looking like this........ ;)
WAIT...but your magic carpet is not Green!! Oh..My...G... It is not Green!!!! :p :p :p ROTF ROTF ROTF ROTF ROTF

Back