Uses for an old cutting mat

Sharing and to be honest, there in the back where the arrow points is a little spot where no cutting mat is. (about 30x15 cm) The other space where the ship stands is already filled up. It makes me nervous, I can't stand it. Redface
It is really a nice table - so I understand, why you have so much decorative mats (which are not used for cutting) - important is, that they are green

Having been a professional photographer back in the days of film, the type or color of light made a big difference in what the photo turned out as.

Natural lighting even changes as the time of day makes more difference in how many rays of light get through, such as dusk and dawn are more reddish orange than high noon.

Incandescent lighting is also different and has different hue from florescent lights, as well as the modern cell phone camera lights.

So as Uwek has shown, the same subject can have 3-5 different colors showing depending on type and brightness of lights used to take the photo.
Many Thanks to Kurt for the official and professional clarification -> @Jimsky ? did you read this? my mat is green !!!!! somehow :confused:

It is really a nice table - so I understand, why you have so much decorative mats (which are not used for cutting) - important is, that they are green

Many Thanks to Kurt for the official and professional clarification -> @Jimsky ? did you read this? my mat is green !!!!! somehow :confused:
...of course, I did read this, mon ami!! :) I am convinced, you are using the Green mat, it is just a magic light that makes it grey, blue, and all other shades of green. You are officially certified for usage of the GREEN mat! :) I envy green that mine is transfluent under any light! Well, maybe in the next life, I will have a green one, who knows? :p:p:p

This is the proof
Is this really a proof? ROTF ROTF
Was the false passport maker a ship modeler?
I don't think so...The true scale modeler will never make a counterfeit passport to begin with!! :p:p Why would he\ she use any mat to defame the hobby itself, especially Green? ROTFROTFROTF A true scale modeler would never do so!

Usually in these film they cut with a scalpel the photo to correct size - and this usually on a green mat - the ultimative mat
and using a scalpel is modeler related
circular or fret saw would be not accurate enough
A century live, and a century learn!! I always thought that scalpels were the surgeons' tools. ROTFROTF But what do I know, really? I have never made a counterfeit passport so don't really know what tools they are using. Hope surgeons don't know about it. ;)

He was a hitman, the best in his kind. Profession in all kind of matters. So the use of a green mat, is because he choose only the best to work with, no time to waste on re-do's of passport on pink mats
Hopefully, he where use the Swann-Morton sterile blades to ensure his work.

Back