Uses for an old cutting mat

I have a question, does anybody know how to cut a cutting mat in smaller pieces? What cutting tool you use for that?
I tried to cut it with a cutting knife, but everytime after the first cut I make it healed itself. I gave up after 50 times trying.
this is mainly because you are using Green mats, if you would use any other color, pink for example, you would not have any problems :D:D:D:D:D:D

it IS GREEEEEN
the different colour comes from the artificial light only
I am using greeeeeen mats - I want to be a good modeler -> the mat has to be green, so it is green
common, Uwe!! It could be a shade of green, but it is obviously NOT green!! It is Greyish dark! I tried to see the color under RGB and Adobe, on all my (2) computers, and it is GREY!!! You are such a green promoter while using Grey!!! ROTF ROTF ROTF ROTF ROTF ROTF ROTF ROTF ROTF :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

common, Uwe!! It could be a shade of green, but it is obviously NOT green!! It is Greyish dark! I tried to see the color under RGB and Adobe, on all my (2) computers, and it is GREY!!! You are such a green promoter while using Grey!!! ROTF ROTF ROTF ROTF ROTF ROTF ROTF ROTF ROTF :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p
now realy serious
this is all the same mat - depends on the different lights in my room etc.
waterway.jpg IMG-7893.jpg
IMG-8390.jpg IMG-8391.jpg
IMG-9030.jpg IMG_6148.JPG
IMG_6142.JPG IMG_6163.JPG
IMG_6169a.jpg

There are a lot of "shades of green" out there - but like I mentioned before
IT has to be Green

I am looking forward to give my two cents to sanding blocks - but this in a new topic, not to mix up the knowledge and everybody should get comprehensive information

Rubber, cork or plastic blocks? And round or square? And what color? Also important to know.
You missed aluminum. My Permagrit are Aluminum (various shapes) with a copper colored medium. I have a plastic square block that is red/orange that I use and a small yellow plastic one that I use. Plus I sometimes just use paper with no block.

If this huge conversation can some from a cutting mat, I can't wait to see what happens when we start talking about sanding blocks. :D
Here is the link for the sanding blocks discussion

Here is the link for the sanding blocks discussion

I reported the link as spam :cool:

Please guys - we should realy be serious and come back to the original topic thema about mats
Sanding blocks are off topic.......

Back