Whaler RAU IX 1 : 45 - Graupner

Hello Jim We here in Germany call the rim "coaming" in German "Süllrand" and yes it is also there to prevent the water from flowing into the ship's interior as quickly.

Hello Wolle ,
What are you using for wood protection for superstructure?
Varnish and paint or epoxy ?
Can you describe a bit your system?
Kind regards, Daniel

Hello Daniel
As a pore filler and primer I use quick sanding primer from "Clou" then some clear varnish and/or acrylic varnish is applied to the deck. The acrylic paint is also treated with clear paint, acrylic paint and clear paint, of course, both in matt. I can't say if all of this is correct, but I've never had any problems with it.

I have to find an varnish to protect brass from tarnishing and something clear varnish for wood that is resistent to splashes or rain
Daniel

I have to find an varnish to protect brass from tarnishing and something clear varnish for wood that is resistent to splashes or rain
Daniel
I use this clear coat, which is available in almost every commercial shop.

20230718_124156.jpg

I will certainly watch this build, as i like whaling boats. When i was a kid, i wanted to be a harpooner on a whaler, and i still do.

Hello Virtakuono
I'm glad that you like the whaler and I'm glad that you're looking over my shoulder. I hope I can meet your expectations. In any case, it will be a while before I go on a big tour.

Hello Wolle,

I see you have a ni mh battery and the receiver a brushed electric motor with an esc
You will put lights on the model ?Or other moving parts?
How is your rc system intended?
All will be alimented from the main battery ?
Kind regards,Daniel

Hallo Daniel
Ja, alles wird mit einem wiederaufladbaren Akku betrieben. Bisher wurden nur die Antriebskomponenten verbaut. Ich überlege aber noch, ob ich die Brücke oder das Deck mit Lampen ausstatten soll. Dabei handelt es sich allerdings nur um 3-Volt-Lampen, die mit dem abgebildeten Schaltmodul angesteuert werden können.

20230720_104216.jpg

20230720_104222.jpg

Hello Wolle ,
I usually used just the minimum in RC - battery ,receiver ,esc,motor and servos
For janet I will put some lights maybe a sound machine ,but have to study a bit before .
kind regards,Daniel

There are 4 outputs on the switching module that can be controlled with 1 channel. I have to look again to see if I can find the name of the module. I will submit it later.

Here I am again. It is a module from Beier Electronic called RC-SM-4. Have times the address and Internet address from photographed. Costs around 30 euros. So still affordable I think.20230720_124357.jpg20230720_124442.jpg

Hello, I will modify the deck or the deck surface a bit by spreading fine bird sand on the still wet paint and then painting it again. That gives it a rough metal look.

Wolle, The Canada Coast Guard Vessel that you see in my avatar on this site has a rough surface to its' working deck. The product that I used is from the Valspar Corporation, in Wheeling, Illinois USA. It is called ANTI-SKID floor texture additive which comes in a variety of colours and is mixed with the paint prior to application on the model. It is extremely fine and provides an excellent scale like appearance. All you have to do is find the right mixture for the scale of the model you are building.

1690643431512.png

Back