H.M.S Minerva plank on frame 1/48 scale - Prototype Pilot Model

Hi Paul,
The scantling of fourth futtocks , i use ,sided 11" (about 5.82mm if 1:48 scale), moulded at the upper deck 8"(about 4.23mm if 1:48 scale). There is a certain reduction to the end of the top timber.

DaHai

This means that the original frames have there a thickness of 11.5'' The Minerva class were a 38gun ships. Following Steel the top timbers should have a frame thickness of 10.25''. The other futtocks are thicker. So 6mm is absolut ok.

French ships have allways double frames. In my opinio 9mm is the thickness of such a double frame.

This means that the original frames have there a thickness of 11.5'' The Minerva class were a 38gun ships. Following Steel the top timbers should have a frame thickness of 10.25''. The other futtocks are thicker. So 6mm is absolut ok.

French ships have allways double frames. In my opinio 9mm is the thickness of such a double frame.
Thanks!

Bryian.

So impressive following a log such as your!!
Superb work literally building the hull framing plank-by-plank - Don't think that my skill set will ever allow for anything of this caliber.
A pleasure to following....

Cheers,

interesting, I just measured La Renommee's they are 9mm at a 1/48 scale
La Renommee was french build ship with usually only double frames from stern to bow
HMS Minerva was english build with single double and triple frames
so you can not compare even in the same scale - a different construction of the framing already by the real ships

Hi guys,
I have been in discussion with Dahai model from Hangzhou China for the last 12 months with the development of their first model kit of H.M.S Minerva.
I was delighted to receive the first chapter of this kit today, and it only took 10 days from China to Australia.

.View attachment 315826
Hallo Brian
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back