Belle Poule 1780 by Donnie

Thank you all very much !!!

Well, it is now time for the Stern. I was off today having some medical tests done (which did not turn out the best in the world), but while I was home, I was able to remove some of the decorations from the CNC piece. Very delicate operation / make sure you have a brand new exacto in your knife.

That is some real nice stuff, Donnie. A superb looking kit!
PS: Such a rudder needs some chains. But installing later is the best.
Regards, Peter

As a side note, as it turns out, I have to go to a cardiologist to check on some things. I had a somewhat moderate high Calcium Score. First comes the stress test, then progresses from there to maybe a Nuclear Test, then depending on that test, onward to a stent. I do not think I have that much problem to warrant a stent, but we shall see.

As a side note, as it turns out, I have to go to a cardiologist to check on some things. I had a somewhat moderate high Calcium Score. First comes the stress test, then progresses from there to maybe a Nuclear Test, then depending on that test, onward to a stent. I do not think I have that much problem to warrant a stent, but we shall see.
Keep us up to date. I hope it’s a quick stent. It’s quick, easy and effective. My issue didn’t turn out that way. High calcium score of 1200. Quad bypass surgery was the outcome. Praying all will be well Donnie!

Oh my word - this is worrisome news. Our thoughts are with you, Donnie!

Health Update - by the way - thank you all for the 'well wishes'. I have an appointment with Cardio to discuss options in just a few days. I don't think it is serious and if I had to make a guess, I might have 35 to 40 percent blockage. Usually, they do not do a stent unless there is 70 percent. However, the bad thing about it, my Calcium Score was about 400 on the Left Anterior Descending (LAD), and of all the ones, this is the most worrisome !!

So, back to modeling. :rolleyes:

So, continuation on the Stern. A lot of things going on here. I think I am skipping around here for a while and some pics might not make much sense.

The stern has up to this point, three pieces that are sandwiched together to make the stern thicker. Unfortunately, I did not show that process. I thought I took pics of that, but can't find.

But, this is the best shot I can find.

This was a trial fitment of a part that installs from within the hull (AFTER one of the main stern rear pieces is installed).

stern04.jpg

These three images show a trial fitment of three parts.
It is VERY EASY to get some of these parts confused - they have sanding lines and you do have to cut to fit.

stern05.jpg

stern06.jpg

You must take note of the LAYERING and how the parts are staggered !!!

stern06-close.jpg

Next, I am working on the windows. You will most likely need to file and dress up the window openings on the stern piece so that the window panes will fit. The window panes will fit FLUSH with the stern piece. There is a decorative part (boxwood) that will cover the windows to give more of a 3D depth of look. NOTE: the window "styles" look very thick that is because beforehand, there are "Counter Timbers". You will notice that the upper two openings are not as thick (but are three layers).

stern07.jpg

These windows (I believe) should be mounted flush to the stern piece as the decorative part will go over this.

stern09.jpg

This is the decorative stern piece of which I think I went overboard with painting the details.

stern10.jpg

Health Update - by the way - thank you all for the 'well wishes'. I have an appointment with Cardio to discuss options in just a few days. I don't think it is serious and if I had to make a guess, I might have 35 to 40 percent blockage. Usually, they do not do a stent unless there is 70 percent. However, the bad thing about it, my Calcium Score was about 400 on the Left Anterior Descending (LAD), and of all the ones, this is the most worrisome !!

So, back to modeling. :rolleyes:

So, continuation on the Stern. A lot of things going on here. I think I am skipping around here for a while and some pics might not make much sense.

The stern has up to this point, three pieces that are sandwiched together to make the stern thicker. Unfortunately, I did not show that process. I thought I took pics of that, but can't find.

But, this is the best shot I can find.

This was a trial fitment of a part that installs from within the hull (AFTER one of the main stern rear pieces is installed).

These three images show a trial fitment of three parts.
It is VERY EASY to get some of these parts confused - they have sanding lines and you do have to cut to fit.

You must take note of the LAYERING and how the parts are staggered !!!

Next, I am working on the windows. You will most likely need to file and dress up the window openings on the stern piece so that the window panes will fit. The window panes will fit FLUSH with the stern piece. There is a decorative part (boxwood) that will cover the windows to give more of a 3D depth of look. NOTE: the window "styles" look very thick that is because beforehand, there are "Counter Timbers". You will notice that the upper two openings are not as thick (but are three layers).

These windows (I believe) should be mounted flush to the stern piece as the decorative part will go over this.

This is the decorative stern piece of which I think I went overboard with painting the details.
Hi Donnie, forgive me ,try not to stress and rest assured that health is what counts, everything else is diluted water, I wish you the best in life.Frank

Hi Donnie. I agree with @Frank48 Frank wholeheartedly - health first. Back to the model - your stern fitment looks very good - in fact it is one of the neatest stern layouts I have seen. It should look really great when completed.

January 7, 2022 9:00 PM

Today, with a little excitement and a lot of apprehensions, I am now proceeding with Sail & Sail's Model of the Belle Poule. I say apprehension due to the fact of a few models in the past gave me at times unpleasant experiences. I hope that this one proves to be different. I believe that it could have the potential. So join me if you wish into this new adventure as the shipyard prepares the necessary tools to create a model that hopefully will be a refreshing experience.

The first picture is just a peek into the core contents for now. More images of the contents will unfold as time goes and permits.
Hallo @Donnie
we all wish you the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Enjoy your very special day

Mit 66 Jahren, da fängt das Leben an
At the age of 66, that's when life begins

Dear Donnie
happy Birthday, wish you all the best, strong health and happiness Birthday-Cake :) Birthday-Cake

Good morning Donnie,

This is not just a Birthday wish, but a sincere Thank-you for your leadership and hard work in providing this very successful Forum. I pray that God will bless you with many years of good health and happiness. BTW, the Belle is looking great.

Best regards, Terry

Back