Belle Poule 1780 by Donnie

More dry fitting. . .
None of the parts have been glued. The whole assembly will be dry-fitted and then glued. However, my plan is to try to figure out how to do this so that I can remove the assembly from the stem as one piece so that I can paint.

bow07.jpg

More dry fitting. . .
None of the parts have been glued. The whole assembly will be dry-fitted and then glued. However, my plan is to try to figure out how to do this so that I can remove the assembly from the stem as one piece so that I can paint.

View attachment 391759
That’s a interesting 3D build: in length, width and height, Donnie. Looking forward to the outcome.
Regards, Peter

I am looking forward to see the complete structure - but we can see already some interesting and clever solutions prepared by the kit manufacturer and designer

Thank you all for the likes.

Well, this has been more than a challenge. Very frustrating. Tedious. Getting parts to align correctly. Broken parts (my fault). and the list goes on. But, at least it seems that I am over the hump of these blasted gratings and the supports. I am a glutton for punishment for painting.

bow08.jpg

bow09.jpg

bow10.jpg

Looking very good - maybe it was not easy to make, but the result is looking very good

It seems that there is a love/hate relationship at play! ROTF

Back