VOC SPIEGELRETOURSCHIP BATAVIA 1628 - KOLDERSTOK 1:72

Dear Friends

This update contains nothing about shipbuilding but I do have some good news to share with all of you.

This morning I have received a very good offer from the Stalford International School in Nantong which means that I don't have to go anywhere. More importantly, I don't have to leave the admiral behind.

I do have to move apartments though (the school supplies me with an apartment as my package), but that is a small inconvenience against the overall scheme of things. My starting date will be the 10th of February 2022 after the Chinese Spring Festival (New Year) which means I have some time off :). In the four years that I have been in China, I have never taken leave so this time will be very welcome.

As a matter of interest, Stalford actually has their headquarters in Singapore, so whilst I will be working in China, I am in actual fact working for a truly foreign company.

View attachment 269469

Stalford International School - Nantong

View attachment 269470

The Admiral and I want to take this opportunity of thanking each and every one of you for your tremendous support and encouragement during the last month and a half. It is wonderful to know that there are such wonderful people around you. Many, many thanks once more!

Kindest wishes
Anna & Heinrich

WOW !!! HURRAY!!!! You see how things finally fit. EXCELLENT for your career and EXCELLENT that don't have to move far away from the Admiral !!!!.

This also have very important implications for the ship modelers world !!! ..... you will continue doing high quality model builts........ Thanks to the Admiral help !!!!!! HAHAHA HAHAHA :) :)

I am soo happy for you both !!! I truly say this from my heart.

Best and happy building during your time off !!!!

Cheers
Daniel

Dear Friends

This update contains nothing about shipbuilding but I do have some good news to share with all of you.

This morning I have received a very good offer from the Stalford International School in Nantong which means that I don't have to go anywhere. More importantly, I don't have to leave the admiral behind.

I do have to move apartments though (the school supplies me with an apartment as my package), but that is a small inconvenience against the overall scheme of things. My starting date will be the 10th of February 2022 after the Chinese Spring Festival (New Year) which means I have some time off :). In the four years that I have been in China, I have never taken leave so this time will be very welcome.

As a matter of interest, Stalford actually has their headquarters in Singapore, so whilst I will be working in China, I am in actual fact working for a truly foreign company.

View attachment 269469

View attachment 269470

The Admiral and I want to take this opportunity of thanking each and every one of you for your tremendous support and encouragement during the last month and a half. It is wonderful to know that there are such wonderful people around you. Many, many thanks once more!

Kindest wishes
Anna & Heinrich
This is great news! Congrats and enjoy your time off!!! ;)

@Dematosdg Thank you so much Daniel. Yes, the Admiral and I are both very very happy that things panned out this way - and not a moment too soon. I was scheduled to have an online interview with Meten in Shenzhen today, so this offer came just in the nick of time!

@Kolderstok Thank you very much Hans - This feels like a birthday-, Christmas- and New Year- celebration all rolled into one!

@Dean62 Thank you Dean! The time off will be great and hopefully put to good use.

@Gennaro Thank you so much Gennaro - things indeed unfolded in a very good way for us.

I am exceedingly happy to read the good news about Stalford Heinrich, it must be a great relief for both you and your wife.
Enjoy the time off before your new position starts. Good things always come to good people.

I am exceedingly happy to read the good news about Stalford Heinrich, it must be a great relief for both you and your wife.
Enjoy the time off before your new position starts. Good things always come to good people.
Thank you so much for all the kind words and support Roger. Today is the last day at the office at my current work - it will be a lot easier to cope with knowing that the future is decided.

Dear Friends

View attachment 269469

View attachment 269470

Kindest wishes
Anna & Heinrich
Great news, must be a relief to now have some certainty moving forward, all the best and looking forward to seeing more updates on your beautiful ship.

Great news, must be a relief to now have some certainty moving forward, all the best and looking forward to seeing more updates on your beautiful ship.
Thank you Richie. I do have some time to build after today so hopefully I can log some hours in the shipyard.

Dear Friends

View attachment 269469

View attachment 269470

Kindest wishes
Anna & Heinrich
Heinrich this is wonderful news. I am so happy for you and Anna.

Thank you Grant! The offer came through just in time, but great news nonetheless!:)

I really had to go and fetch the Haarlem W-A-A-A-Y-Y down the page - such is the tempo of building and build logs at the moment - all good! Thumbsup

Whilst I will be the first to admit that I am not very productive in the shipyard these days, I have been busy tinkering whilst time allow between cancelling current work and residence permits and organizing new ones. As part of that process, I also got a rude awakening when I learnt that my work permit will no longer be extended until age 65, but only until age 60. So ... two years for me in China ... then everything starts all over again.

In any case ...

微信图片_20211121185202.jpg

Planking of the side gallery finished.

微信图片_20211121185155.jpg

Ornamentation added. Final touch-ups still need to be done.

微信图片_20211121185224.jpg

微信图片_20211121185149.jpg

And at last there is symmetry to the stern.

微信图片_20211121185210.jpg

And now I really feel that it is time to play with something else again ...

I really had to go and fetch the Haarlem W-A-A-A-Y-Y down the page - such is the tempo of building and build logs at the moment - all good! Thumbsup

Whilst I will be the first to admit that I am not very productive in the shipyard these days, I have been busy tinkering whilst time allow between cancelling current work and residence permits and organizing new ones. As part of that process, I also got a rude awakening when I learnt that my work permit will no longer be extended until age 65, but only until age 60. So ... two years for me in China ... then everything starts all over again.

In any case ...

View attachment 270648

Planking of the side gallery finished.

View attachment 270649

Ornamentation added. Final touch-ups still need to be done.

View attachment 270650

View attachment 270653

And at last there is symmetry to the stern.

View attachment 270652

And now I really feel that it is time to play with something else again ...
Loving the colours, that aqua is beautiful and look forward to seeing what's next.
You are right there is a lot of build log activity on SOS it's hard to keep up with all the amazing work going on.

Dear Richie. Thank you so much for the kind words. You know, it's funny about the colors - in all honesty, I do not know if I like all these colors. In real life and from normal viewing distance, everything seems to blend in fine, but on the close-ups it just seems overbearing and too much. That is one of the reasons why I have bought the Willem Barentsz (no colors except for a red door in the stern and the Amsterdam Coat of Arms). However, as to the next build - no idea just yet.

Back