VOC SPIEGELRETOURSCHIP BATAVIA 1628 - KOLDERSTOK 1:72

@Richie Thank you very much Richie! The cast resin castings are of course no match for anything 3D printed when it comes to accuracy, but when viewed as a whole, it does create a nice effect. Also bear in mind that I am an honorary member of the SOS "Non-painters' Club" :D - if you had given these decorations to some other modelers on the forum, they would have looked 10 times better!

As to the non-modeling drama - thank you for the kind wishes of support!

@GrantTyler Thank you for the kind words Grant! I am enjoying working on her. As to me speaking Chinese - not really; only a teensy-weensy bit.

Natural light adds a depth of warmth all over your already beautiful ship. Amazing!
Thank you very much Daniel. I suppose I am happiest about the natural look of the wood - without trying to create a "weathered" effect, the wood has naturally assumed a look that I am pleased with.

Excellent picture. Those bits and pieces “meld“ in with natural light
Thank you very much Jan. I think so too - under the artificial lighting the decorations almost appear harsh, but are much "softer" in the natural light.

微信图片_20211109155259.jpg

Just for good measure, here is another picture taken from the "penitentiary"! :)

Back