VASA 490 Build Log - Billing Boats, 1:75 [Completed Build]

Good morning, everyone,
finally, I reached yet another milestone on the great Swedish Vasa. I tied in the last sail line (a brace on the bowsprit topsail) finishing the running rigging and sail installation. Here are a few pics while she's still in the shipyard.

IMG_2294.jpgIMG_2296.jpgIMG_2297.jpg
IMG_2300.jpg

For some reason the bowsprit sails appear darker and then lighter than the foresails, but they are all the same color as shown in the first picture. Now comes rope hanks then the rest of canons, hatch covers and other final items. As you can see this big ship fills up my workspace, when completed I'll take her to a much more scenic location for final pictures.

Thanks again for checking in, and as always happy modeling!

Good morning, everyone,
finally, I reached yet another milestone on the great Swedish Vasa. I tied in the last sail line (a brace on the bowsprit topsail) finishing the running rigging and sail installation. Here are a few pics while she's still in the shipyard.

View attachment 346307View attachment 346308View attachment 346309
View attachment 346315

For some reason the bowsprit sails appear darker and then lighter than the foresails, but they are all the same color as shown in the first picture. Now comes rope hanks then the rest of canons, hatch covers and other final items. As you can see this big ship fills up my workspace, when completed I'll take her to a much more scenic location for final pictures.

Good evening Daniel. I always feel my outstanding’s , awesome’s etc don’t really give enough credence to a model such as your Vasa. You certainly owned this! Well done my Friend. Cheers Grant

Wonderful Daniel. An important and satisfying milestone. Be sure to make yourself a punch list. I kept remembering little details that needed attention and then promptly forgetting them until several days later. You won't want to be lifting the case off every other day attending to things you meant to do but forgot.

I love these ships of the spritsail days. And the Vasa is on of the most impressive. You did a great job on the running rigging and those sails. The colour difference could be the the UV of the sun. Give it a few days and it will be less visible.

Wonderful Daniel. An important and satisfying milestone. Be sure to make yourself a punch list. I kept remembering little details that needed attention and then promptly forgetting them until several days later. You won't want to be lifting the case off every other day attending to things you meant to do but forgot.
Thats great advise Paul. So far, I have 7 items. Earlier this month I thought I might finish before Christmas, but it actually looks like early February.

Thats great advise Paul. So far, I have 7 items. Earlier this month I thought I might finish before Christmas, but it actually looks like early February.

I kept remembering little details that needed attention and then promptly forgetting them until several days later. You won't want to be lifting the case off every other day attending to things you meant to do but forgot
Yes, I reconized this. And the strange thing is, the older I get, the more this happens.

I love these ships of the spritsail days. And the Vasa is on of the most impressive. You did a great job on the running rigging and those sails. The colour difference could be the the UV of the sun. Give it a few days and it will be less visible.
Thank you, Stephen, the sail color difference is only in my photos, in ambient light in person they all are the same.

Good morning, everyone,

View attachment 346307View attachment 346308View attachment 346309
View attachment 346315

Hi Daniele, holes must be made on this sail (civada) to drain the water in moments of cappellate (Violent wave that hits the boat from the bow and capsizes on deck...)

IMG_2300.jpg

Back