Vasa - 1:65 DeAgostini [COMPLETED BUILD]

What can I say that has not already been said. What a wonderful accomplishment and I feel privileged to have been allowed to follow along on your journey.
Like others have said I really looked forward every day to open your latest post.
As I continue to struggle with my current loss you are an inspiration to us all.
Thank you kindly Ron. Model building can be a pleasant distraction when life isn't going along the way we wish it would. During the course of this build I lost my dad - but picked up some grandchildren. The circle of life...

200 pages...sigh...
Hi Paolo, everything has been said both about the model and about your way of working. From my experience, I have admired the model in its details carefully and I'm sure it will give you a lot of satisfaction. So, I congratulate you for the passion and love you put into everything you do. Frank

Hi Paolo, everything has been said both about the model and about your way of working. From my experience, I have admired the model in its details carefully and I'm sure it will give you a lot of satisfaction. So, I congratulate you for the passion and love you put into everything you do. Frank
Hi Frank,
Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate how you have helped me both here on the forum as well as offline. You're a good friend!

Well, Paul, I could not help but to go back to your original post "I need help! I basically have no experience with this sort of thing." - I think that is a serious understatement - maybe then, but certainly not now - it is truly amazing the talent and skill set that you have.
I don't know what you plan to do next, but please don't shut your shop down. You have been a blessing to this group !

It goes without saying - take the ship out of the case and get those pictures !!!

Donnie

Well, Paul, I could not help but to go back to your original post "I need help! I basically have no experience with this sort of thing." - I think that is a serious understatement - maybe then, but certainly not now - it is truly amazing the talent and skill set that you have.
I don't know what you plan to do next, but please don't shut your shop down. You have been a blessing to this group !

It goes without saying - take the ship out of the case and get those pictures !!!

Donnie
What a kind thing to say Donnie. But I think we both know where talent and skill come from :). Yes. I will work on the final pictures...

Witaj Pawle pięknie wykonany model , super zrobiony takielunek piękne ułożone żagle, super gablotka na model mamy od kogo się uczyć .Pozdrawiam Mirek

Hi Paul,

congratulations on completing your Vasa. This is an excellently built Vasa. You did a wonderful job especially with the painting!

I've been involved with a hull model of the Vasa for a long time and I know the emotions associated with dealing with this unique ship. This connects us.

I'm really looking forward to the pictures of your finished model.

Cheers, Alexander

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS SHORT POST

Well, my model of the Swedish warship Vasa is now complete. I have experienced times of deep frustration - and times of profound satisfaction. Along the way so many of you have taught, corrected, commiserated, and encouraged me. I would love to mention some of you by name, but I fear that forgetting or neglecting someone would only make me appear ungrateful. And the last thing I want to be right now is ungrateful. So, wherever you fit into my build experience, I want to just say thank you. No, really, THANK YOU.

I find the end has filled me with mixed emotions. As a guy who has spent much of his life motivated by accomplishment (and hating that about myself) - I find that being on this journey has been much more gratifying than belaying the last line and sliding the ship into her case. I can truly say that the building process has meant more to me than the building product.

At the end there were just over 130 people who clicked on a button in order to follow this build. Over the course of 27 months there were nearly 4000 posts. More than 200,000 times someone peaked in to see what I was up to. All of this I find humbling beyond words. I look forward to slipping into model building obscurity in the years ahead.

And there will be years ahead for me (God willing). I have found a hobby that happens to tick the boxes of things I enjoy doing (working creatively with my hands and mind, trying to accomplish something just out of my reach). And to discover this forum - what a blessing! If it is possible to have real friends on a virtual platform, then I claim many, many of you as my friends. Thank you for making me your friend as well.

View attachment 343957

I am trying to persuade a photographer friend to come out of retirement (raising her children) to take professional pictures of the finished ship. If she declines, I'll do the best I can to provide some final images.

Until then, you'll find me here on the forum trying to build ships that inspire - just as you have inspired me.

Onward!
Hi Paul
Your work on the Vasa has been absolutely fantastic
Congratulations for this achievement.
Best

Hi Paul
Congratulations on completing the Vasa, I have been watching your build ever since I joined this group I have learnt a lot and the posts have been very entertaining. Your Vasa has to be one of the best if not the best I've seen, amazing that it was made from a kit.
Looking back on your log from start to finish I reckon it would make a really good book at least one I would buy.
Looking forward to seeing your future endeavours.
Tony

Hi Paul,

congratulations on completing your Vasa. This is an excellently built Vasa. You did a wonderful job especially with the painting!

I've been involved with a hull model of the Vasa for a long time and I know the emotions associated with dealing with this unique ship. This connects us.

I'm really looking forward to the pictures of your finished model.

Cheers, Alexander
How nice of you to share these kind words Alexander. Of course your work is legendary - I'm just a child playing a game compared to many of you master builders.

Back