Nuestra Senora del Pilar by Occre - Build log

I also wrote him a PM. If Philski leaves the forum, things won't be the same here. :(
Nowhere else, not in any other topic he started the text is gone - so it is a hosting problem I guess.
Therefore to everybody else:
Please use the possibility to upload all photos in SOS - here they are save

I left the forum because I was very upset with some posts that I thought were unecessary. I've had sufficient time to "cool down" and will do better in the future. I was pissed off enough to remove my Build Log. I can rebuild the log but you have to understand that there are over 750 images to upload. Uwek mentioned uploading to the SOS but I am not sure how to accomplish that. I posted pictures along with continued replies in the Build Log itself. If there is a better or another way to upload images, let me know.

My sincere apologies for my actions and posts.

Best Regards from a Rainy Idaho!
Phil

I left the forum because I was very upset with some posts that I thought were unecessary. I've had sufficient time to "cool down" and will do better in the future. I was pissed off enough to remove my Build Log. I can rebuild the log but you have to understand that there are over 750 images to upload. Uwek mentioned uploading to the SOS but I am not sure how to accomplish that. I posted pictures along with continued replies in the Build Log itself. If there is a better or another way to upload images, let me know.

Phil
Hello Phil,

Glad to see you decided to come back!
I guess I know which posts you're referring to and I think at least some of them were out of line and not appropriate for this forum.

Unfortunately I don't have a clue how to upload a large number of pics and/or posts, maybe there are back-up available, but that's a question for the moderatorsof this forum.

Still, welcome back from a thoroughly soaked lowland.

Kind regards,

Johan

Hello Phil,

Glad to see you decided to come back!
I guess I know which posts you're referring to and I think at least some of them were out of line and not appropriate for this forum.

Unfortunately I don't have a clue how to upload a large number of pics and/or posts, maybe there are back-up available, but that's a question for the moderatorsof this forum.

Still, welcome back from a thoroughly soaked lowland.

Kind regards,

Johan
I'm thinking at this point to make the Build Log by creating a PDF and posting the whole document, then continue the log as my build progresses....just a thought. (I own Adobe Acrobat)

Well, I'm really glad to have you back! I though you had a heart attack or something. Had me scared there, Phil.
No heart attack, but I did start with a new CGM ( Continuous Glucose Monitor) and also Mounjaro injections. Diabetes can be fun!

I do apologize for letting my temper get the best of me....I'll try my best to be a little more mature and thoughtful.

Phil

Can't say I blame you, as I was almost right behind you, but I just backed away for a few days and cooled off (a little). Anyway, definitely glad to see you back!

Good to see you back. Nuestra Señora del Pilar is one of my favorite ships, I hope these beautiful photos will come back, because Occre no longer produces this model. All that remains is to look at your beautiful work.

I received some good "news" yesterday...my wife says its OK for me to get a 3D printer. I know little, at this point, about all things 3D printing-wise. FDM or SLA? And which models have the best resolution? It will let me construct with even more detail. ( She has an ulterior motive - she wants me to print custom and unique flower pots (small) for her succulents.) If anybody here has any suggestions, please let me know. 3D printing is something I have wanted to get into.

Glad to see you back Philski. I have the Nuestra Señora del Pilar kit and planning on using your build as a reference when/if I ever get the build started . And I'm interested in a 3D printer also.

I am looking into buying one too. But first I have to understand the difference between the resin type and the type that uses a filament for the printer.
I've been watching a lot of tutorial stuff on YouTube and reading on the internet. Lots to learn but should be fun. Price will drive my selection - I want good resolution to be able to make small items but don't want to break the bank..

Glad to see you back Philski. I have the Nuestra Señora del Pilar kit and planning on using your build as a reference when/if I ever get the build started . And I'm interested in a 3D printer also.
I'll do my best to post a build log back. I am just now getting into the rigging items with the shouds for the foremast and mainmast in place and some of the back stays. Its coming along.Nuestra_785.jpgNuestra_786.jpgNuestra_787.jpgNuestra_788.jpgNuestra_790.jpgNuestra_791.jpg

Last edited:
Phil I assume you edited your post to remove the data instead of a simple delete

Nice to see you again. Nuestra Señora del Pilar is one of my favorite boats, I hope these beautiful photos come back, because Occre no longer produces this model. All you have to do is look at your beautiful work
In this store in Madrid they still have them
www.modelreyna.com

Last edited:
Hi Phil. Although I haven't commented, I follow your work, which I think is very good.
I'm glad to read you again, and know that you have your health under control.

Salud ;)

Last edited:
Back