New Occre kit

Probably @Model Shipways can figure this out.
When I mentioned earlier in this thread that we had a promotion selling the Occre Victory for $1199.00, Mr. Gauthier contacted me asking if I could keep the same price for him, since the price had gone up. I immediately created a coupon for him, but he didn't use it. Then the price went up again and he asked me to adjust the coupon, so I did, this time for $200.00 (the Victory was selling for 1399.00). He didn't use it.

This weekend we launched a 30%OFF on all Occre items and an extra 3% for purchases over $750. So the Victory is (still) selling for $1138. That is when Mr. Gauthier finally used his coupon.

Mr. Gauthier is right, I made a mistake of not deactivating the coupon when the Occre Promotion started. It just didn't cross my mind that he would use it over this discounted price, since the sole purpose of the coupon was to let him pay $1199.00. But I cannot let this be seen as a business mistake by Model Expo. It was my attempt to a personalized extension of a promotion, a one-to-one negotiation between me and Mr. Gauthier.

So, yes, Model Expo will honor the purchase and Mr. Gauthier will get his kit with all the discounts.

And I have sure learned a lesson.

When I mentioned earlier in this thread that we had a promotion selling the Occre Victory for $1199.00, Mr. Gauthier contacted me asking if I could keep the same price for him, since the price had gone up. I immediately created a coupon for him, but he didn't use it. Then the price went up again and he asked me to adjust the coupon, so I did, this time for $200.00 (the Victory was selling for 1399.00). He didn't use it.

This weekend we launched a 30%OFF on all Occre items and an extra 3% for purchases over $750. So the Victory is (still) selling for $1138. That is when Mr. Gauthier finally used his coupon.

Mr. Gauthier is right, I made a mistake of not deactivating the coupon when the Occre Promotion started. It just didn't cross my mind that he would use it over this discounted price, since the sole purpose of the coupon was to let him pay $1199.00. But I cannot let this be seen as a business mistake by Model Expo. It was my attempt to a personalized extension of a promotion, a one-to-one negotiation between me and Mr. Gauthier.

So, yes, Model Expo will honor the purchase and Mr. Gauthier will get his kit with all the discounts.

And I have sure learned a lesson.

Thank you Ricardo. Much appreciated.

Things are being settled between us. Thank you for dealing with this.

Last edited:
I always fancied a go at Euromodels Royal William but they want £1350 plus shipping and taxes now for that kit direct from Italy. In comparison you get more for your money with this kit IMHO.

My Royal William cost me about AUD$3000 landed, and probably another $500-1000 in additional materials. If I wanted to, I could have chosen not to replace the kit wood, or do so much kitbashing and assembled the model out of the box and it would still be an excellent model (see @Ken Royal William). But ... I have spent 10 years so far on this model, although I could have completed her in 4-5 years if I wanted to. If we compare her to a cheaper model, say $2000 ... that extra money is nothing when spread over so many years ($1000 over 10 years = $100 a year, or $0.23 a day). And then the model takes up space in my house, so of course I want the best quality model possible within the limits of my skill for display. I don't mind the higher cost as long as I get what I pay for.

Absolute no-no's for me are inaccurate kits, poor quality fittings, and poor quality materials - because all involve additional time and expense to correct. So, no more Artesania (I don't like metal gunport lids and generic fittings), no more Euromodel (given how much of the kit I have discarded or ended up in my spares bin), and no Billings (too much plastic). I have built kits by Vanguard, Model Shipways, and Amati and I was impressed enough to consider building them again. All those builds went smoothly and I was not irritated by the quality of the materials supplied.

I don't see any reason to buy this kit given that it is semi-POF and the price puts it right up there with the Caldercraft Victory. In fact, if I did not meet a certain moderator on this site who dissuaded me from the Victory 10 years ago, I would have a Victory build log on SOS and not a Royal William. And I might have finished her by now, given how much time I have spent fabricating replacement parts.

My Royal William cost me about AUD$3000 landed, and probably another $500-1000 in additional materials. If I wanted to, I could have chosen not to replace the kit wood, or do so much kitbashing and assembled the model out of the box and it would still be an excellent model (see @Ken Royal William). But ... I have spent 10 years so far on this model, although I could have completed her in 4-5 years if I wanted to. If we compare her to a cheaper model, say $2000 ... that extra money is nothing when spread over so many years ($1000 over 10 years = $100 a year, or $0.23 a day). And then the model takes up space in my house, so of course I want the best quality model possible within the limits of my skill for display. I don't mind the higher cost as long as I get what I pay for.

Absolute no-no's for me are inaccurate kits, poor quality fittings, and poor quality materials - because all involve additional time and expense to correct. So, no more Artesania (I don't like metal gunport lids and generic fittings), no more Euromodel (given how much of the kit I have discarded or ended up in my spares bin), and no Billings (too much plastic). I have built kits by Vanguard, Model Shipways, and Amati and I was impressed enough to consider building them again. All those builds went smoothly and I was not irritated by the quality of the materials supplied.

I don't see any reason to buy this kit given that it is semi-POF and the price puts it right up there with the Caldercraft Victory. In fact, if I did not meet a certain moderator on this site who dissuaded me from the Victory 10 years ago, I would have a Victory build log on SOS and not a Royal William. And I might have finished her by now, given how much time I have spent fabricating replacement parts.
Personally, there are enough HMS Victory kits being built in the forum to assist other members. The Royal William is a breath of fresh air!

Personally, there are enough HMS Victory kits being built in the forum to assist other members. The Royal William is a breath of fresh air!
I am pretty sure for that price we could have a real Pof Victory kit from one of the Chinese manufacturer

Very good of you Ricardo.

I've never spoken with you, but have spoken with John several times asking for a discount for certain reasons. I've always been treated well.
Very good of you Ricardo.

I've never spoken with you, but have spoken with John several times asking for a discount for certain reasons. I've always been treated well.
Glad to hear! We try to do whatever is reasonable and within our reach. Best Regards!

This model is a disaster in my opinion - you are better off with the Caldercraft version if you choose to build a Victory

For me, the Caldercraft kit is simply too large. I am looking to bash the Occre kit anyway. It has the bones for that. I lack the talent to produce museum-quality results so focusing on accuracy tends to be low in priority. All kits are the modeler's interpretation of the original in the end. I am into the fun of the build and if it turns out to be acceptable then I am a happy man, if not the fireplace gets to enjoy it. I have enough things that drive me a bit crazy in my life, I refuse to let this hobby be one of them ROTF

You don't buy the right kits ROTF
I'm building currently the santisima and i got 3 boxes with the kit...
Sevish, so far this is one positive aspect of this model. One. The most expensive "the unmatchable" and numbered box for tools or waste with the inscription HMS Victory, You definitely don't have one, and you won't buy one in a official souvenir shop. ROTF ROTF ROTF

Had a look at this Unboxing for what it is and these photos below, but I still don't see £1200 worth in this kit more like a £300 - £400 kit.

View attachment 402884

View attachment 402885

View attachment 402886

View attachment 402887

View attachment 402888

View attachment 402889

View attachment 402890

View attachment 402891

Is not a joke, but is live in European Union.
There is a CITES regulation prohibiting the import of exotic wood.
The European Union government has passed a law that hinders the illegal import of wood. There are regulations regarding permits for importing wood into the European Union. The obligation to register this wood for sale has also been implemented, so it is not profitable in any way. It is cheaper to make the model in China or Philippines.
Spain has a very big problem with this, and producers themselves once said that they were forced to use a wood substitute. Producers are starting to use local factoring or EU market wood as a substitute for exotic ones.
An ecological problem only in the European Union...
Wow, never heard that before. No wonder there was a Brexit, who would want onerous regulations that don't seem to make a lot of sense forced upon your business?

Back