New Occre kit

Thanks for the update, suspected it may be Victory they were releasing. I will be honest, I think they will struggle to sell 999 kits at nearly 1400 Euros a time. I may change my mind when I see better pictures but at the moment I am thinking why did they style the model like that? Blank canvas, 1400 Euro price point, would have expected something other than this.

Pictures presented are poor and scares as it is most of the time with European brands and occasionally with Chinese (these are doing a better job with advertising). I wonder why the pictures are always so bad with European brands? Are they trying to hide the problems with their kits? Are they trying to save on advertising? This is shooting themselves in the foot. Just hire some young professionals. They will promote their product for them per today's requirements in no time. This kit is may be a masterpiece of craftsmanship but no-one will know as they have no idea how to present a new kit.

A French ship would be nice. Between the British and the Spanish, we monopolize everything.

Referring to ships that participated in the Battle of Cape Trafalgar. I don't think there is any kit from a French ship. Although I may be wrong.

Last edited:
Let us wait until we see better photos and close-ups ......

HMS Victory and Cutty Sark are probably the most started and most unfinished models kits, wood and plastic, on the market.

Mike
Agreed, I have an unfinished hull(50% of gun ports cut) of the Corel Victory. A very poor kit. I now have a Panart 1:78 kit not yet started, will I get around to her? I also bought Sergal Cutty Sark, but dismissed the build & sold it.

Im waiting for Amati Victory too. People think that Deagostini models are worth a lot when assembled, heh. But here at €1,400 the model market will collapse. Did you pay a lot? don't think the model will be worth much either. I don't understand how you can buy a limited model, the same as others on the market.

Im waiting for Amati Victory too. People think that Deagostini models are worth a lot when assembled, heh. But here at €1,400 the model market will collapse. Did you pay a lot? don't think the model will be worth much either. I don't understand how you can buy a limited model, the same as others on the market.
I am just waiting for a release date. It's been three years that I have been waiting for Amati to release it. I am beginning to think they changed their mind. In addition to being a huge model, apparently it was designed by Chris Watton. I also believe it will be quite expensive.

Last edited:
This Amati kit does look to be of amazing quality. And 1:64, probably perfect detailed. Its second prototype, maybe coming soon.

Occre announced a new kit on their website. From my local shop I got some more info. It is the HMS Victory with a limited edition. A really high-end model with a matching price. Details
I have to see Victory on a weekly basis in the Portsmouth dockyard, I don't want her in my living room as well. An odd choice considering the market is swamped with Victorys! I can think of dozens of better (far more attractive) subject ships they could have chosen.

I have to see Victory on a weekly basis in the Portsmouth dockyard, I don't want her in my living room as well. An odd choice considering the market is swamped with Victorys! I can think of dozens of better (far more attractive) subject ships they could have chosen.
I hear you. But for me I would love to have a Victory in my house so I can have bragging rights. lol

Back