New Occre kit

Wow, I really think you guys are being a bit unfair. we are talking about a kit that is quite large. Most of the standard kits with the cheap wood are going for about $700 - $900. Even the Mamoli kit that is 1:150 is $850. Just the cost of the upgraded wood to any of the existing kits would push the price considerably higher. Then, this is a POF kit, not a POB kit (maybe not what we expect from a POF kit) of this magnitude with masts and sails. Combine that with the fact that they are only making 1000 of these kits. So that is only 1000 kits they have to spread the cost of R&D. If you were expecting a full and accurate POF kit of the Victory of this size with masts and sails I would venture that it would run in the $2500 to $3000 range which I doubt they would sell. They needed to come up with something in between. This is their vision.
I respect your viewpoint and I hope I am wrong, but we can only go on the advertising provided by Model Expo. Other than that I stick by comments regards to Occre quality. Also regards the cost ot affects us all not just the companies producing products. I would much rather see quality products at that higher price than cheap imitations, as I say I hope I am wrong regards to the quality of the kit which doesn't imho reflect their selling price whatsoever.

I look at this POF model and I compare it to the Alert or the King Fisher models, and it seems to me like Occre forgot some details on the framing. I think they overly simplified it.

I look at this POF model and I compare it to the Alert or the King Fisher models, and it seems to me like Occre forgot some details on the framing. I think they overly simplified it.
then it becomes more pricy I suppose, but I would buy it because it has everything. the look of a POF framing, completed rigging and completed sails. Who wouldn't want a model like that?

Last edited:
While it actually looks better than that advertised photo from Model Expo but I am still not convinced inner framing doesn't look right quality wise to me also too much of the video concentrates on the packaging and a occre coin, and not enough detailed film of the actual build and inner works.
I think we need a proper unboxing and a few kit reviews from expert modellers.

What a shame, the choice of timber makes it look like something from a gift shop. Even if they had produced the kit in 100% Basswood it would have looked so much better than this and would probably have been cheaper. With a plank on bulkhead kit you can replace planking, with this you are stuck with Oak Frames or you may as well scratch build.

Having watched the Youtube video, this is one for the collectors, it looks better unbuilt in the display box IMHO. I am doubtful they will even sell 999 of them at list price

What a shame, the choice of timber makes it look like something from a gift shop. Even if they had produced the kit in 100% Basswood it would have looked so much better than this and would probably have been cheaper. With a plank on bulkhead kit you can replace planking, with this you are stuck with Oak Frames or you may as well scratch build.

Having watched the Youtube video, this is one for the collectors, it looks better unbuilt in the display box IMHO. I am doubtful they will even sell 999 of them at list price
Agree NMBROOK.

Last edited:

Asking price here in the UK is...

£1,215.00 pounds sterling.
Definitely NOT!

I would much better buy the Caldercraft Victory for Less(if I had the space) and still have £200 left over

Asking price here in the UK is...

Definitely NOT!

I would much better buy the Caldercraft Victory for Less(if I had the space) and still have £200 left over

Definitely !

Definitely NOT!

For €1,400 you get a Proxxon FET + MF70, a drum sander for a drill and even a drill, a set of wood and a plan of any beautiful model from maybe ANCRE ?. Of course they will always say there is no place for it. I somehow cut wood on the 2nd floor balcony and I don't have any problems heh
Of course, the model is ready, you just need to assemble it. But the difficulty level is professional... for me this construction is a "break from reality"

More than half of the promo video is useless marketing stuff, a nice coin and packaging.
All I see is a model that no serious modeler will assemble unless another person pays him to do it. Almost everything is out of scale by a wide margin. It's lacking detail everywhere. No rigging for the cannons? It must be a joke.
A very expensive toy, nothing more and nothing less.

The advertisement video made me giggle. That older guy poking at finished parts of the model with huge, 25cm forceps while holding a heavy reference book on HMS Victory. We all know from experience that one slip, and you tear out the rigging! And why are there partially complete masts and tops on the table when you can see all the masts are already on the model and rigging is complete? Is he building TWO models? And I thought the DeAgostini video on HMS Sovereign of the Seas was absurdly dramatic . . . :rolleyes:

I really don't understand why, with a zillion other potential ships to model, OcCre would enter a filled market with yet another Victory, particularly when Caldercraft set the bar so high. Nobody makes a wooden model of the Prince Royal of 1610. . . I'd spend $1400 on that!

1697925501469.png

Last edited:
The advertisement video made me giggle. That older guy poking at finished parts of the model with huge, 25cm forceps while holding a heavy reference book on HMS Victory. We all know from experience that one slip, and you tear out the rigging! And why are there partially complete masts and tops on the table when you can see all the masts are already on the model and rigging is complete? Is he building TWO models? And I thought the DeAgostini video on HMS Sovereign of the Seas was absurdly dramatic . . . :rolleyes:

I really don't understand why, with a zillion other potential ships to model, Occre would enter a filled market with yet another Victory, particularly when Caldercraft set the bar so high. Nobody makes a wooden model of the Prince Royal of 1610. . . I'd spend $1400 on that!

View attachment 401652
Supposedly this is a POF model,is it?

Back