MY BLUENOSE- YUANQING SCALE 1:72 SCALE [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and I have completed the upper rat lines on both the main and fore mast. We have also added the required blocks to the main and fore mast. We have added the boom bumper blocks to both masts. Last but not the least we have given both fore and aft decks a coat of Tung Oil.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 398421

View attachment 398422

View attachment 398423
You and the little fellows did a great job, working up to the top of both masts and applying the decks with Tung Oil.
Regard, Peter

Oh my word - those decks look beautiful! Tung and Pear - an unbeatable combination!
Hello Heinrich,, I thank you very much for your very kind words and nice compliments, Yes I also think it looks nice words. But I did not use Pear wood, I followed in Dean's foot steps and used Ramin wood, a very nice touch.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, This week the little fellows and I completed the lower main boom. We installed two working sheaves, a mast protector and a saddle, rigging blocks, boom guys, parrals beads to be tied of later on. All of this dose not look like much but it took us the best part of a week.

View attachment 399792

View attachment 399793

View attachment 399794

View attachment 399795

View attachment 399796
Good afternoon Lawrence. Great work. It’s always those little things which take soooo long. Once done tho, they make as much difference to the ship as they take to make - I.E. soooo much….:DLove the detail. Cheers Grant

Good afternoon Lawrence. Great work. It’s always those little things which take soooo long. Once done tho, they make as much difference to the ship as they take to make - I.E. soooo much….:DLove the detail. Cheers Grant
Hello Grant, I thank you for your very kind words and nice comments. Yes you are so correct, but it could be because I am so slow.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, This week the little fellows and I completed the lower main boom. We installed two working sheaves, a mast protector and a saddle, rigging blocks, boom guys, parrals beads to be tied of later on. All of this dose not look like much but it took us the best part of a week.

View attachment 399792

View attachment 399793

View attachment 399794

View attachment 399795

View attachment 399796
A very nice main boom, Lawrence. With all the details and extra’s such as the bands, the tackle onder the boom and both sheeves at the end.
Regards, Peter

A very nice main boom, Lawrence. With all the details and extra’s such as the bands, the tackle onder the boom and both sheeves at the end.
Regards, Peter
Hello Peter, I thank you very much for your very kind words and nice comments. Yes we do like to add a bit of detail to our ships but than again I do not posse your very high skill levels.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and I are slowly moving forward we have completed the main gaff and all of it's details.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 400181

View attachment 400182
I've been watching your spar work; very nice. Crisp metal parts and the sheaving is exquisite. I also really like the warm color tones of the wood, at least as it shows on my iPad.

Back