MY BLUENOSE- YUANQING SCALE 1:72 SCALE [COMPLETED BUILD]

I've been watching your spar work; very nice. Crisp metal parts and the sheaving is exquisite. I also really like the warm color tones of the wood, at least as it shows on my iPad.
Hello Alf, I thank you very much for your very kind words and overly nice comments. Yes the Tung Oil dose a nice job with very pleasing results.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, Today the little fellows and I completed both the fore mast boom and also the fore mast gaff. Rather than follow our YQ-Bluenose plans for the fore gaff bridles gaff lift we decided to follow Erik A.R. Ronnberg ,JR drawings instead as they are not so filling up in this tiny space above the Fore Gaff.
Regards Lawrence

DSCN0082.JPG

DSCN0083.JPG

DSCN0084.JPG

DSCN0085.JPG

Hello Ship Mates, Today the little fellows and I completed both the fore mast boom and also the fore mast gaff. Rather than follow our YQ-Bluenose plans for the fore gaff bridles gaff lift we decided to follow Erik A.R. Ronnberg ,JR drawings instead as they are not so filling up in this tiny space above the Fore Gaff.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 400535

View attachment 400536

View attachment 400537

View attachment 400538
Nice to see you have now all the booms and gaffs ready, Lawrence. Time for a lot of rigging.
Regard, Peter

Hello Ship Mates, This week the little fellows and I installed the four back braces, along with there dead eyes. We have laced the dead eyes but have not tied them off as yet as we wan t to stretch for a few days before doing so. We have added the fore mast stays and bracing also for the main mast top bracing.. We have installed the lower main boom with all of it's lines and lift lines. We have not installed the main sheet tackle or the two out haul control for the main boom, as these will hamper the sail insulation a little later on.
Regards Lawrence

DSCN0086.JPG

DSCN0087.JPG

DSCN0088.JPG

DSCN0089.JPG

DSCN0090.JPG

DSCN0091.JPG

Hello Ship Mates, This week the little fellows and I installed the four back braces, along with there dead eyes. We have laced the dead eyes but have not tied them off as yet as we wan t to stretch for a few days before doing so. We have added the fore mast stays and bracing also for the main mast top bracing.. We have installed the lower main boom with all of it's lines and lift lines. We have not installed the main sheet tackle or the two out haul control for the main boom, as these will hamper the sail insulation a little later on.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 401629

View attachment 401630

View attachment 401632

View attachment 401633

View attachment 401634

View attachment 401635
Good afternoon Lawrence. You and the little fellows have been busy…..that is a lot of braces, lifts and lanyards etc. lovely work. Cheers Grant

We have not installed the main sheet tackle or the two out haul control for the main boom, as these will hamper the sail insulation a little later on.
Dear Lawrence,

Upon rereading your post, I realized you intend to install the sails.
If so, you might consider to remove the booms from the masts and first attach the sails to the booms and gaffs and then install the resulting sail assemblies to the masts.
Whith what you have now might severely limit you in attaching the sails to the booms.

Kind regards,
Johan

This is my take at the sail install. Not saying it's the way to go, it's just a way to go, but it worked:
IMG_0568.jpeg

Good afternoon Lawrence. You and the little fellows have been busy…..that is a lot of braces, lifts and lanyards etc. lovely work. Cheers Grant
Hello Grant, We thank you very much for your kind words and nice comments, Yes it has been a rather busy week in the Old Ship Yard, but it is all starting to come together now at last.
Regards Lawrence

Dear Lawrence,

Upon rereading your post, I realized you intend to install the sails.
If so, you might consider to remove the booms from the masts and first attach the sails to the booms and gaffs and then install the resulting sail assemblies to the masts.
Whith what you have now might severely limit you in attaching the sails to the booms.

Kind regards,
Johan

This is my take at the sail install. Not saying it's the way to go, it's just a way to go, but it worked:
View attachment 401775
Hello Johan, I do thank you for your input into tying the sail to the main boom. Yes for sure you are very much correct in the way you have attached your sail. With my old eyes this would be a huge task in tying all of those knots. I am thinking of lacing my sail to the boom much like you have on your fore sail, Thanks Again.
Regards Lawrence

That would work, still, assembling booms, gaffs and sails in advance would help tremendously.
Hello Johan, Yes I can see your point there, hanging the sail on prior to installing the boom and gaff would be much easier and that is for sure but then again it would be much more difficult to reinstall the boom an gaff, win some louse some.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Johan, Yes I can see your point there, hanging the sail on prior to installing the boom and gaff would be much easier and that is for sure but then again it would be much more difficult to reinstall the boom an gaff, win some louse some.
Regards Lawrence
Anxiously awaiting your sail installation... ;)

Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and installed the two fore and main mas gaffs, along with there throat halyards along with there gaff lifting blocks and lines and fittings. . We decided to go back on the fore gaff all though the other system was much more neater and easier, it looked a bit strange on the same schooner.
We have added the three running lights, the port and starboard lights were a bit of a pain as the size of the led lamps and the small hole inside the brass light's shell was very close and kept shorting out, ended up installing a very thin liner to prevent this.
I have spent most of my week drawing up all of the lower sails and they are ready for Bernadette to sew them up, but she seams to have a touch of the flue this last few days so for now the sails are on hold.
Regards Lawrence

DSCN0092.JPG

DSCN0093.JPG

DSCN0094.JPG

Back