HIGH HOPES, WILD MEN AND THE DEVIL’S JAW - Willem Barentsz Kolderstok 1:50

Did you write already somewhere, what the next project will be?
Otherwise we are looking forward to read from whom and on which ship is this logbook?
Dear Uwe. Thank you very much for your interest. No, I have not announced anything as I have not made a final decision yet. The good news is that I have signed a further five-year contract with the school, so I know to a large extent what my future will hold in store (God willing). The Admiral and I will actually have a chat tonight about the shortlisted models - we always do this, and I value her input a lot. I know her vote will probably be for one without rigging and sails! ROTF

Ja Ja - and than he is posting 160 miniature pages and everybody should know everything ;)
a mystery - or a man with some secrets
Nooooooooo. The miniature pages just show that there are complete and detailed logbooks available in naval history - not like the WB where nothing seems to exist! ROTF

No mysteries Uwe, I want to buy shortly so I have to decide.

Dear Uwe. Thank you very much for your interest. No, I have not announced anything as I have not made a final decision yet. The good news is that I have signed a further five-year contract with the school, so I know to a large extent what my future will hold in store (God willing). The Admiral and I will actually have a chat tonight about the shortlisted models - we always do this, and I value her input a lot. I know her vote will probably be for one without rigging and sails! ROTF
Well now, congratulations for your new contract are in order my friend.
Truly a beautiful start for the Chinese New Year, also on behalve of Admiral Marijke.

Well now, congratulations for your new contract are in order my friend.
Truly a beautiful start for the Chinese New Year, also on behalve of Admiral Marijke.
Thank you so much, my dear friend for the kind words and well wishes. Please give my regards and "thank you" to Marijke as well.

微信图片_20240209132031.jpg

My Dear Friends

May I take this opportunity to wish you all a very happy Chinese New Year. May the Year of the Dragon bless us all with good health, strong family bonds and plenty of time to indulge in our favorite pastime.

H

Thank you Heinrich for the Chinese New Year wishes. Congratulations on your new contract it must a great relief for both you and Anna.

Our Chinese neighbors have their front door decorated for the new year and used the neighborhood grapevine to let the neighbors know about the celebration.

Jan

Thank you Heinrich for the Chinese New Year wishes. Congratulations on your new contract it must a great relief for both you and Anna.

Our Chinese neighbors have their front door decorated for the new year and used the neighborhood grapevine to let the neighbors know about the celebration.

Jan
Yes, those are great traditions, Jan. Here it is amazingly quiet since fireworks have also been banned in Nantong. Anna has gone home to her parents for the weekend, so I'm all alone with the two cats. It's now 3.35 in the morning and one of those nights where sleep is not forthcoming. Oh well ... time for good movie ...

Dear Friends

I am excited to tell you about the choice of my next build. There are so many great modeling subjects out there that it took some time to sift through all the favorites. However, when it came to the final choice, Admiral Anna was very clear about what her choice was and a day or so later, (most of the time I am a lot slower than her), I also came around to see the light of the day. ROTF This does mean that I will be building a non-Dutch, non @Kolderstok kit which may come as a surprise to some, but I just think that the time has come to do something different and to experience different construction methods.

And when I mention @Kolderstok, I have to mention the unbelievable support and friendship of Hans. I do not think that it is humanly possible for someone to have given me more support than Hans has - he will always remain a friend and I will always remain a @Kolderstok fan. Therefore, customer service also played a huge part in my final choice of kit, and I am very happy to say that @wuxiaomeng Wuxi from @Modelship Dockyard has been amazing in that regard. He has very graciously and patiently answered all my many questions and has addressed all my concerns more than satisfactorily. Because of my location, help is literally a WeChat message away which counts for a lot in my book.
6.png

Modelship Dockyard 1:72 HMS PANDORA (Pear Wood)

1 .png

Profile.png

Rear three quarter.png

Cabin.png

Oven.png

Front three quarter.png

Stern.png

All photographs were kindly supplied by @Modelship Dockyard

At this point there is no timeframe as to when exactly I will start the build, but it will probably be in July (God willing).

Thank you all for sharing this moment with me - as always it is an honor to have friends like you.

Back