H.M.S Minerva plank on frame 1/48 scale - Prototype Pilot Model

THE FRAME JIG IS THE BEST AS I SHOW IN MY MINERVA STERN LOG IT IS FAR SUPERIOR TO WHAT I HAVE DONE IN THE PAST THE TIME IS NOT THAT MUCH DIFFERENT, BUT THE ACCURSEY IS REALLY, REALLY GOOD. REGARDS THE JIGTHAT BRIAN SHOWS, MY JIG FOR THE STERN SECTION IS DIFFERENT LESS COMPLICATED A AS FAR AS I CAN TELL CAN BE REUSED ON OTHER POF BUILDS WITYH SOME MODIFICATIOS, GREAT START BRIAN HOPE YOU CAN SHOW THE JIG IN ITS FINISHED STATE. GOD BLOESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

Hi Guys,
been a bit distracted from my build but getting back into the swing of things this weekend.

Here's a couple of snaps of the current status of my build. I have assembled and fixed in place the frames down to number 16. I still need to fair the frames as they are all over the place at the moment.

Its a difficult large model to photograph at 1/48 scale, so apologies for the photos.

IMG_5043.jpgIMG_5042.jpgIMG_5041.jpgIMG_0192.jpg

Hello my fellow earthlings,
I am very pleased to receive the latest shipment of my H.M.S Minerva build. This is the second of 3 chapters for this kit. I am in the process of unpacking all the parts.

No not much. I have completed all the first chapter of the kit, and I am expecting a delivery of the second stage in a few weeks.
???

Heinrich , sorry for the confusion but let me explain.
The Minerva full hull kit was meant to be in 5 chapters, but Dahai model has changed it to 3 chapters in recent times. He sends me parts when they are processed so I'm not sure where I am with the stages. This is a prototype model so I am building it as parts become available.
I hope to receive the rest of the hull frames soon.

Heinrich , sorry for the confusion but let me explain.
The Minerva full hull kit was meant to be in 5 chapters, but Dahai model has changed it to 3 chapters in recent times. He sends me parts when they are processed so I'm not sure where I am with the stages. This is a prototype model so I am building it as parts become available.
I hope to receive the rest of the hull frames soon.
Okiedokie - that makes more sense.

No not much. I have completed all the first chapter of the kit, and I am expecting a delivery of the second stage in a few weeks.
Hello Bryian,

would you post a picture of the stern where you can see the gun port better?

Rolf

Last edited:
Morning, build is looking crisp and fine!

It's been 10 years and the Minerva is still in propotype? I'm sure there are many eager people waiting for this model to be released.

I have the 2012 Shipwright edition, where the Minerva is featured. That's a 10 year history. BUT, I assumed the two are connected.
I'd rather be wrong and have it develop sooner :D

View attachment 342401
This Minerva was a completely scratch build and independent from the actual kit development.

Back