H.M.S Minerva plank on frame 1/48 scale - Prototype Pilot Model

Thank you sir for being so observant and you are correct. One side is slightly out of alignment and needs to be rectified. I have only tacked it in place with a small amount of glue.
By the way, glad to see you here. I have followed you for years. :)
Ok Bryian, I’m glad they were not permantly installed - I know the pain of making and remaking those bollard Timbers.

I think we can offer pear wood, jujube wood and booxwood. I'm even considering cherry wood. As for the order, need to wait from October to November.that's need to wait for at least the completion of the assembly of all the frames, hawse pieces and stern structures of the hull. If these are all OK, can start accepting orders.
Do you think the aft 1/3 section will be available about the same time? That would be the only thing I have room for, but I'll even start taking my cholesterol medication if it means living long enough to receive and build this kit! Every post just impresses me more!

Do you think the aft 1/3 section will be available about the same time? That would be the only thing I have room for, but I'll even start taking my cholesterol medication if it means living long enough to receive and build this kit! Every post just impresses me more!
Hi Signet,
Thank you for your message,the fully kit/stern section/POB starts almost at the same time, especially the stern section, which may be mass-produced first. POB is likely to have the largest sales, POF may be customized due to the overly complex and expensive processing cost (and selling price), but all this still needs to wait for the prototype model to make a final decision .

Hi Ted,
Your POF (or fully framed model) Kingfisher left a deep impression on me, which is the ancestor kit I know.
Although I can't understand the meaning of all the sentences you said accurately, you mentioned time. There may not be enough time.

Indeed, time is a big factor in my consideration.Maybe every developer has his own ideas, which will accompany his products. A very important consideration is to save time. I hope most modelers can reduce the 'pain' of milling, but some people think that milling is a kind of happiness, whether it is pain or pleasure, milling is indeed time-consuming and there is a lot of dust. My idea is to reduce the milling time as much as possible, so that modelers can enjoy the pleasure of completing a model and the assembly process, in which they have a deeper understanding of the structure of the ship model.

Therefore, the simpler, more efficient and practical design concept is always with me. Through Brian's post, I also learned a lot of different needs and feedback. The balance between price and quality is the consideration of many modelers.

Making these anchor chocks by hand is very tedious, tedious and time-consuming, but everyone knows this structure, and it is very simple. Isn't good to leave this low-level work to CNC? This kind of processing may only take 1 hour to process all the anchor chocks required by stern sections, and it is quite accurate. This can save modelers a lot of time.

View attachment 316745

View attachment 316767

In the past, because the kit of POF was too complex, it was difficult to popularize, and it could not solve the complex splicing, especially the 'real' framesView attachment 316768

Since the sided of frame is different from the bottom up, almost no one can solve this problem before, so it (frames) can only be simplified greatly. But this is very simple for me, so the 5th rate is the smallest ship I will develop. Assembly plates and gaskets of different thickness can solve this problem, and the cost is only $10-20.

View attachment 316769

View attachment 316770

Due to the price factor, I redesigned the frame jig, and I almost gave up the original complex jigs, in which the assembly board can be used for the base of jig one more time, saving costs and improving utilization. It is simple and efficient, and will not interfere with the planking on main wale.But it still needs to be tested and optimized.

Said too much,...Ha,

Thank you!

Dahai
Hello Dahai,
Thank you for your kind comment regarding 'Kings Fisher' making such an impression on you! It is a model of which I am very pleased.
Minerva looks as though it will be a superb model, especially when built using the better timber.
Regards
Ted

Hello shipmates,

I am progressing with my H.M.S Minerva build. I made a boo boo with the alignment of the hawse holes. Luckily I had only tacked a small amount of glue into the joints, and it was reasonably easy to disassemble.
I have now used my height gauge to get the alignment correct on both sides of the bow structure.

.IMG_0171.JPGIMG_0173.JPG

OK TIME FOR ME TO CHIP IN, I SHOULD BE RECEIVING THE REVISED, SIMPLIFIED STERN SECTION SHORTLY THIS IS A PROTOTYPE BUILD WITH HARDLY ANY INSTRUCTIONS RELYING ON DA HAI AND BRYAN HELP WITH THIS I HAVE BEEN WARCHING THIS FOR OVER A 1 1/2 YEARS IN CONSTSANT COMUNICATION FROM DA HAI. TO ME FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN AND BRYAN COMMENTS, THIS IS BEYOND THE STATE OF THE ART BUILD. THIS IS THE FINE ART OF MODEL ENGINEERING COMBINED WITH SKILL, TALANT, IMAGANATION, AND FLEX. GOD BLESSIBILITY. WOULD LIKE TO SAY ONE MORE THING I DO NOT HAVE ANY IDEA OF PRICE OR TIME FRAME ON THIS CHECK WITH DAI HAI, AS THIS IS A PRTO-TYPE BUILD, SO CAN NOT ANSWER ANY OF THESE QUESTIONS ONLY HOPE I CAN DO THIS JUSTICE. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALLDON

OK TIME FOR ME TO CHIP IN, I SHOULD BE RECEIVING THE REVISED, SIMPLIFIED STERN SECTION SHORTLY THIS IS A PROTOTYPE BUILD WITH HARDLY ANY INSTRUCTIONS RELYING ON DA HAI AND BRYAN HELP WITH THIS I HAVE BEEN WARCHING THIS FOR OVER A 1 1/2 YEARS IN CONSTSANT COMUNICATION FROM DA HAI. TO ME FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN AND BRYAN COMMENTS, THIS IS BEYOND THE STATE OF THE ART BUILD. THIS IS THE FINE ART OF MODEL ENGINEERING COMBINED WITH SKILL, TALANT, IMAGANATION, AND FLEX. GOD BLESSIBILITY. WOULD LIKE TO SAY ONE MORE THING I DO NOT HAVE ANY IDEA OF PRICE OR TIME FRAME ON THIS CHECK WITH DAI HAI, AS THIS IS A PRTO-TYPE BUILD, SO CAN NOT ANSWER ANY OF THESE QUESTIONS ONLY HOPE I CAN DO THIS JUSTICE. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALLDON
Hope you start a build log Don.

I have started to assemble the stern transom pieces. This was a bit tricky as they are tenon and mortice joins.

I will need to clean this up with sandpaper. More to follow, and thanks for your interest and positive comments.

.View attachment 318729
This is going to be a fantastic model!
Will be following the build avidly

Ted

Hallo Bryan, wo oder bei wem kann das Kit ab Oktober/November bestellen?

Hallo Brian, where or from whom I could order the kit starting October / November ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Ted, I think this model has your name on it for a future build.
I wish!
I've already got three other models in the pipeline - I'm a slow builder, so SABLE rears it's ugly head. Mehercule!

Ted

Hallo Bryan, wo oder bei wem kann das Kit ab Oktober/November bestellen?

Hallo Brian, where or from whom I could order the kit starting October / November ?
HI,it will be posted here on the forum when and from where you can order the kit, October /November is not guaranteed

Back