1669 Soleil Royal - ZHL [COMPLETED BUILD]

Working on the main yard/sail took more time than expected !!!
Living in the South of France when your grandchildren are visiting for the summer does not leave a lot of time for the shipyard :)
The main sail is now installed, and rigging will be the next step.
Below some pictures

View attachment 321288
View attachment 321289
View attachment 321290
View attachment 321291
View attachment 321292
View attachment 321293
And I certainly hope you are having or had a wonderful time with your grandchildren! Life is just so short - we have to grab all the love we can. (My grandson, who lives in the Netherlands) turned 10 years old today. Enjoy!

Hello
I have now completed rigging the main mast.
I have to say that this was a pretty long and painful process, breaking on one day the rigging I had done the previous day!!!
Anyway, this is now finalized
Some pictures below

View attachment 325005
View attachment 325006
View attachment 325007
View attachment 325008
View attachment 325009

Getting now started on the Mizzen...
I simplified the braces on the main mast course sail, Gilbert. I also note that you replaced all the blocks with new ones. They look great. I wish I had had the time and money to do so. Will you be adding the boats?

I simplified the braces on the main mast course sail, Gilbert. I also note that you replaced all the blocks with new ones. They look great. I wish I had had the time and money to do so. Will you be adding the boats?
Hi Vic
Yes, I switched the blocks supplied by ZHL with those from Drydocks. Much nicer
Yes, I'll add the boats (they are done) but I have removed them for the time being in order to have more space for the rigging

Hi Vic
Yes, I switched the blocks supplied by ZHL with those from Drydocks. Much nicer
Yes, I'll add the boats (they are done) but I have removed them for the time being in order to have more space for the rigging
I did the same thing with my boats. She’s coming along nicely, Gilbert. Thanks for being a sounding board on this build.

I am starting today a build of the Soleil Royal based on the ZHL kit.

For information, below the details in terms of pricing and shipment.
I have ordered the kit on October 27th and have received the box today November 9th. This means a total of 13 days from order to delivery, which is pretty good I have to say.
I paid via Paypal a total of $398 + $138.5 for shipment to France via FedEx. In addition I have been charged 43 euros for customs (25 euros customers fee + 18 euros FedEx handling fee).
The box came from Shenzen in China.

I'll be posting my progress using this log and will leverage the Ships of Scale logs that have previously been posted for the Soleil Royal:
I'll also be leveraging the very good content available from the French model boats forum La Royale Modélisme that includes several posts related to le Soleil Royal.

I expect to post my progress on a weekly basis.
Hallo @Gilbertm
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back