1669 Soleil Royal - ZHL [COMPLETED BUILD]

Gilbert: That looks really complicated!! I am going to have really think if I want to tackle bluffed Sails this early in my rigging expertise, rather than furled or no sails But You are doing a beautiful job, it is defiantly impressive ThumbsupThumbsup

Gilbert: That looks really complicated!! I am going to have really think if I want to tackle bluffed Sails this early in my rigging expertise, rather than furled or no sails But You are doing a beautiful job, it is defiantly impressive ThumbsupThumbsup
If you use a Lennarth Petersson's and R.C. Anderson's books and do it one line at a time after reading a few pages in each, it can be done in a methodical way. You can't look at all the lines at once on Vic's model and get the impression that it's easy, but if you learn what each line does, figure out where it starts, when it goes, and where it's belayed to, and if you follow the books, it is much easier to do. It just depends on if you want to do all the line research and spend the time to rig each line until it's done. Most of the lines are the same for each square sail, with variations on where you belay them.

I think if Paul and I can do it on our first models with zero experience, you can too.

Hello all
I believe I have now completed the rigging of my Soleil Royal.
As I watch the progress I made over the last few weeks, it really shows that I am slowing down :). But anyway, the build is progressing and I should not be too far from the finish line.
Below some pictures.

View attachment 334618
View attachment 334620
View attachment 334621
View attachment 334622
View attachment 334623
View attachment 334624
View attachment 334625View attachment 334626
Good afternoon Gilbert-WOW! She is beautiful. Lovely photos. Cheers Grant

A beautiful ship model presented in a beautiful surounding - beautiful terrace :cool: and view

Just now, when I recognize about which ship you are talking, I checked one book what I have

THE SUN KING´S VESSELS / THE SHIPS OF THE SUN KING
french original title: VAISSEAUX DU ROI SOLEIL
by J.C. Lemineur

Here it is shown also the well known painting(s)

View attachment 249482

takeing a close look you can find
View attachment 249480

View attachment 249481

So there are Fleur de Lis shown in this painting
lol ok

Back