1669 Soleil Royal - ZHL [COMPLETED BUILD]

Good job, Gilbert! What standing rigging have you not accomplished as of yet?
well done Gilbert. looks great except the fourling of the main lover sails on the fore and main mast.i have the way how to do it but will have to find them, as I am not very active anymore. will come back ASAP. If You would change it , it is not that dificult. el capi

well done Gilbert. looks great except the fourling of the main lover sails on the fore and main mast.i have the way how to do it but will have to find them, as I am not very active anymore. will come back ASAP. If You would change it , it is not that difficult. el capi
Thanks El Capi
That would indeed be great if you could find that

Good job, Gilbert! What standing rigging have you not accomplished as of yet?
THanks Vic
It's those rigging that go from mast to the ratlines
Not sure how to attach those to the ratline? How did you do that? Just a drop of glue or did you make seizing?

THanks Vic
It's those rigging that go from mast to the ratlines
Not sure how to attach those to the ratline? How did you do that? Just a drop of glue or did you make seizing?
Are you talking about the line that starts at the mizzenmast and breaks into three or four lines that attach to the main shrouds?

Between the fore mast and the sprit mast, I had a stay separate into four lines which attached to the sprit mast shrouds. I twisted the four smaller lines together on one end and seized them to the thicker stay. I didn't use any glue. I tied them the ends to the shrouds under the ratlines. Most of the time I didn't make a hard attachment until the tension was adjusted a bit. I don't know if that's what you're talking about. Here's a picture of the sprit example:
1663443659928.png
Also, on the fore and main course sails, instead of just rolling them up, I used the clew and buntline and reef lines to pull up the sails. I think I pulled the reef lines first until they were all the way up, then the clue lines, and, finally, the buntlines. I think that's the way they're done on the real ship. I just didn't go all the way to tie the gaskets up around them. I just wanted the deck to be seen more easily.

Hello all
I have now completed the yards, sails and rigging of the mizzen mast
Some pictures below

View attachment 328890

View attachment 328891
View attachment 328892
View attachment 328893
View attachment 328894
View attachment 328895

Next will be some additional standing rigging for which I need to do some research and may ask a few questions to the community.

Cheers
Good morning Gilbert. Beautiful work. I see what El Capi is referring to re the furled sails, however should you choose to leave it exactly like it is, it is simply stunning. Cheers Grant

Thanks El Capi
That would indeed be great if you could find that
here you have some. when you look at the main sail front side, you will have 3 lines coming from the bottom ege- outer BUNT LINE, INNER BUNT LINE, and Cleve line-side Fig 1. all these go up on the sails to blocks on the yard and later the mast. finally down to a pin rail aft the mast. on the backside, you have one coming from the outher edge of the sai Clewline. the oner a block half the yard then another block beside the mast then down to a pin. in Spanish we called this apago (take ) Viento (wind) .Hope this will help.P.S. You are one of the few, whom I will make a comments

00.png

14-goteborg 3.jpg

555-APAGAVELAS.jpg

PA_SEJL SKIBE-037.jpg

here you have some. when you look at the main sail front side, you will have 3 lines coming from the bottom ege- outer BUNT LINE, INNER BUNT LINE, and Cleve line-side Fig 1. all these go up on the sails to blocks on the yard and later the mast. finally down to a pin rail aft the mast. on the backside, you have one coming from the outher edge of the sai Clewline. the oner a block half the yard then another block beside the mast then down to a pin. in Spanish we called this apago (take ) Viento (wind) .Hope this will help.P.S. You are one of the few, whom I will make a comments

View attachment 329048

View attachment 329049

View attachment 329050

View attachment 329051
Thanks El Capi
Let me have a deep look into this option

Between the fore mast and the sprit mast, I had a stay separate into four lines which attached to the sprit mast shrouds. I twisted the four smaller lines together on one end and seized them to the thicker stay. I didn't use any glue. I tied them the ends to the shrouds under the ratlines. Most of the time I didn't make a hard attachment until the tension was adjusted a bit. I don't know if that's what you're talking about. Here's a picture of the sprit example:
View attachment 328969
Also, on the fore and main course sails, instead of just rolling them up, I used the clew and buntline and reef lines to pull up the sails. I think I pulled the reef lines first until they were all the way up, then the clue lines, and, finally, the buntlines. I think that's the way they're done on the real ship. I just didn't go all the way to tie the gaskets up around them. I just wanted the deck to be seen more easily.
Thanks Vic
THis is indeed what I was talking about
Let me have a deeper look and follow your guidance
More soon

The serving on the sprit area was clumsier than the ones between the mizzen and main, but I don't have the ship here to take pictures of it. It's on my daughter's triangular corner fireplace mantel 900 miles away. I like what el Capi showed. That's basically how I did it, but the sails are a bit too thick. I used a cloth conditioning spray to wet it down and provide some holding power.

Back