Young America 1853 1:72

in future you will not use anything else for this work

Have now started gluing the frames together. Then they must be sanded on all sides. Autumn is approaching and here in the Nordics also the autumn darkness and cold. You have less desire to go out. But is there anything more useful and rewarding than gluing and grinding frames during this gloomy season? Can't think of anything.20230829_144620.jpg

In Sweden the autumn can really be dark and cold - so you will have hopefully enough time for the framing

Do I see it correct, that you use black glue or blackend glue for fixing the frame elements together? Befor you prepare all frames, I would sand and prepare one or two frames , so that you can see how the joints will look like - it is a question of tatse, if you want to have the joints accentuated or not - I think in real life the elemnents were wood against wood without any caulking or similar

In Sweden the autumn can really be dark and cold - so you will have hopefully enough time for the framing

Do I see it correct, that you use black glue or blackend glue for fixing the frame elements together? Befor you prepare all frames, I would sand and prepare one or two frames , so that you can see how the joints will look like - it is a question of tatse, if you want to have the joints accentuated or not - I think in real life the elemnents were wood against wood without any caulking or similar
You have sharp eyes. That's right, I use black glue to glue the frame together. Follows how Tosti does in his instructions. Have done a test as you suggest and I like the result.20230829_175725.jpg

You have sharp eyes. That's right, I use black glue to glue the frame together. Follows how Tosti does in his instructions. Have done a test as you suggest and I like the result.View attachment 392025
Boy, even if glue wasn't used on the actual frames, the blackened glue really makes the elegance and tough work of assembling a frame from pieces pop without being too showy. Good call.

WOW - this a really a big progress in preparation of the frames - the "frame tower" is very promising :cool:

From this angle it looks like the coolest planter ever. Beautiful frames!
The next step is sanding on the outside and inside, then get the right bevel on the frame. Then the thickness must be milled down to the correct measurement. I will account for all work here in this build log

Working with the frame. Now all the whole frames are glued together and sanded on the inside and outside. The next step is to mill the frame to the right thickness. (Pictures of it to come). That remains to saw out and glue together all the split frames, and there are quite a few of them. But plan to get all the full spans done first.20230922_161728.jpg20230924_141920.jpg20231015_100003.jpg

Back