Young America 1853 1:72

Your build is coming along quite nice I'm sure Ed will be happy that another model using his plans is being built to specifications wow you're doing a great job.

With the time and experience you will step by step reduce the meat and cut closer to the final lines - with this you will reduce extremely the sanding works afterards
Very good work

With the time and experience you will step by step reduce the meat and cut closer to the final lines - with this you will reduce extremely the sanding works afterards
Very good work
Saws with a small margin because it is so easy to destroy the frame by wobbling over the contour. But it is of course desirable to reduce all grinding work.

Keelson and rides in place. Now trying to deepen the places where the split frame is closest to the fore and aft. The work is done by hand on site in the same way as Ed Tosti does in his description. The worst thing about this job is that it takes a toll on my poor back.20231211_190612.jpg20231211_190354.jpg20231211_190635.jpg

I use rubber cement. Elmers brand here in the US. I have seen Europeans using Fixogum. No distortion of the paper and it rubs right off the wood with no leftover residue. Hope this helps.
there is also the iron system ,and very hot iron (no steam ) flip the design on the wood and pass the hot iron over the design, by doing this the toner sticks to the wood. Try. Frank

Back