VASA 490 Build Log - Billing Boats, 1:75 [Completed Build]

Goodmorning everyone, I don't have a Vasa update this post but felt compelled share my condition as I have tested positive for Covid (last Thursday evening). I've quarantined myself to the guest room and been taking lots of Tylenol. At this point I don't believe I will have to endure the worst Covid has to offer but what I am experiencing is something I hope eases up soon. Till next time, happy modeling.
Get well Daniel

Goodmorning everyone, I don't have a Vasa update this post but felt compelled share my condition as I have tested positive for Covid (last Thursday evening). I've quarantined myself to the guest room and been taking lots of Tylenol. At this point I don't believe I will have to endure the worst Covid has to offer but what I am experiencing is something I hope eases up soon. Till next time, happy modeling.
Well, take it easy, get plenty of rest and guzzle lots of water! Acetomeniphen (Tylenol) to keep your temp down and here's hoping for a speedy recovery....Doyou feel well enough to work on your ship? Isolation,I guess, is probably best. Can you take Paxlovid?

Well, take it easy, get plenty of rest and guzzle lots of water! Acetomeniphen (Tylenol) to keep your temp down and here's hoping for a speedy recovery....Doyou feel well enough to work on your ship? Isolation,I guess, is probably best. Can you take Paxlovid?
Thanks for the well wishes Phil. When I notified my doctor about my condition on day one, they said if I begin to have breathing issues to go to the emergency room where they would administer the Paxlovid. This is now the beginning of day 4 and I'm actually feeling a lot better like Covid is releasing its grip on me. My wife is at the beginning of day 2 and is doing way better than I was at that time.

Thanks for the well wishes Phil. When I notified my doctor about my condition on day one, they said if I begin to have breathing issues to go to the emergency room where they would administer the Paxlovid. This is now the beginning of day 4 and I'm actually feeling a lot better like Covid is releasing its grip on me. My wife is at the beginning of day 2 and is doing way better than I was at that time.
Good morning Daniel. That is all good news. Here in SA we are 2 months behind so we will have to wait for our turn again. Wishing you and the admiral the best through this. Cheers Grant

Get well soon Daniel!
The Covid wasn’t the hard part for me, it was the bronchitis I got as a side effect, that hung around for another month and a half! Hopefully you don’t get that.

Get well soon Daniel!
The Covid wasn’t the hard part for me, it was the bronchitis I got as a side effect, that hung around for another month and a half! Hopefully you don’t get that.
Thanks Dean, being a former smoker (now tobacco free for 9 yrs.) I am acutely aware of the possibility, so far, no breathing issues though.

It is good to hear that there are no breathing issues, my friend. Hang in there!

Hello Heinrich, it's amazing how most of the time I take breathing for granted. Someone once asked me what's the one thing in life I would rather do more than anything else.

Hi Daniel, good to see you and your wife are starting to feel better. Hopefully you'll get a full speedy recovery!
Regards,Peter

Indeed, it must be Paul. Just a few hours ago my wife tested positive despite our efforts at quarantine. I read on Fox news about a Covid mutation spreading like wildfire from East coast going West.
Hi Daniel. I was reading your log from where I ended last time. And found this 2 posts. Hopefully you and your Admiral get well soon.
On October 3th I was also tested positive and 3 days later my Admiral. After a few hard days, it went better and better.
We sympathize with you.
Regards, Peter

Hi Daniel. I was reading your log from where I ended last time. And found this 2 posts. Hopefully you and your Admiral get well soon.
On October 3th I was also tested positive and 3 days later my Admiral. After a few hard days, it went better and better.
We sympathize with you.
Regards, Peter
Thank you for your well wishes Peter.

Good afternoon, all. I have another short update to post. I finished install of the port side canons and hatch covers. This has become one of those situations where I regret not having set the faux canons further inward, (lesson learned) which would have given them a more realistic appearance. Actually, a ship like this should have full canons with carriages sans the rigging.

IMG_2324.jpg

I built out the ships lantern, Billings furnished the turned brass top, bottom. and finial which I liked. I had to cut the windows from a sheet of plastic, and I made the mullions out of twisted wire then painted with my favorite antique Old Gold. I still need to add a couple supports.

IMG_2322.jpgIMG_2323.jpg

Well, I'm really getting close to finishing. Basically, the rope hanks and flags are all thats left so until next update, thanks for checking in and happy modeling.

Back