POF La Palme (L'Amarante) Corvette 1744 1:36 (Ancre Monograph) by Tobias

Last edited:
And it continues with the planks on the starboard side.

eZy Watermark_26-11-2023_09-48-55-4210PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_26-11-2023_09-48-13-2400PM.jpeg

A small area that I moistened a little to make the caulking more visible.

eZy Watermark_26-11-2023_09-46-58-4060PM.jpeg

A question for you, I have three variants of the lower boards of the gun ports. I'm leaning towards pear, second is boxwood and then black hornbeam. What do you think?

eZy Watermark_26-11-2023_12-57-26-9420PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_26-11-2023_12-58-05-5620PM.jpeg

Hm. I can´t believe that you ordered only the calender?
I think, the Nereide was inside. Bottle

Oliver who knows!!! I can only say it will be bigger and 64 guns. ;) However, this is still a long way off and we will see where the journey takes us.

The early planking highlights the beautiful lines established by your precise fairing. Awesome!

For me it's too early to make a call on the lower sill... contrast or blend in depends on the rest of the selections going up (will that all be in box? will there be the introduction of an additional colored trim piece somewhere?).

A question for you, I have three variants of the lower boards of the gun ports. I'm leaning towards pear, second is boxwood and then black hornbeam. What do you think?
I think it would be best (IMHO) to use the same type of wood as the ports. Here is why: they are part of the gun port itself. :cool:

BTW, great job and color scheme! Fantastic. mon ami!

Witaj
Pięknie to wszystko wygląda ,bardzo podoba mi się środkowy parapet ale ty Tobiaszu idź swoją drogą . Pozdrawiam Mirek

Hello
It all looks beautiful , I really like the middle sill but you Tobias go your way . Best regards Mirek

Last edited by a moderator:

And it continues with the planks on the starboard side.

View attachment 409803

View attachment 409804

A small area that I moistened a little to make the caulking more visible.

View attachment 409805

View attachment 409806

View attachment 409807

Oliver who knows!!! I can only say it will be bigger and 64 guns. ;) However, this is still a long way off and we will see where the journey takes us.
my dear friend Tobias
the planks looks great!!Thumbs-Up
to my opinion the option of boxwood and then black hornbeam will be much better :)

Tobias, the precise execution of the lower sills within the frames just remind me how much further I have to hone my skills.

This choice reminds me of the children's story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears, but not bed size, but contrast. I'm with Jim here. For my taste, the Black Hornbeam has too much contrast, the Boxwood not enough and the Pear is jusssssst right. ;)

I do so wish I had not yet laid my gun ports using Padauk now. I knew there would be significant contrast with the Pearwood planks I planned to use and subsequently deviated from historical accuracy by cutting them flush with the frames/shell so the bottom sill would not be seen, thinking there would be too much contrast with 32 gun ports per side.

At this very moment I am considering, (I can't believe it) removing all the gun port linings and redoing in Pear.

In any case, wonderful work mate!

Last edited:
Back