POF La Palme (L'Amarante) Corvette 1744 1:36 (Ancre Monograph) by Tobias

Witaj
Udanego wypoczynku pięknej pogody, zbieraj energię na dalszą prace . Pozdrawiam Mirek

Hello
Have a good rest, nice weather, gather energy for further work. Greetings Mirek

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish everyone a nice good evening and enjoy the upcoming weekend.

The time has come I sent Le Rochefort into the summer break now it's on to La Palme. In the last few days I have made some preparations and measurements, different heights have been marked. In the following step, the cannon ports and the whales have been marked, for the whales I use black hornbeam that I ordered from Vahur in Estonia (if you are interested, visit the hobbymill.eu website). Next, I watered and fixed these two days well. The first opening, i.e. the window in the rear area, was opened and the crossbeams inserted because this has to happen before the whales are attached because the window almost ends with them. I'll keep you posted and wish you a good night.

View attachment 386049

View attachment 386050

View attachment 386052

View attachment 386051

View attachment 386053
Ciao Tobias.
Quando vedo queste immagini, mi rendo conto che fate un modellismo superiore al mio, molto più tecnico e accurato.
Splendido lavoro, complimenti.

Hi Tobias.
When I see these images, I realize that you do superior modeling to me, much more technical and accurate.
Splendid work, congratulations.

Hello dear friends,
as I already announced in Le Rochefort Bautagebuch, here I go again. My last status was the rear body with which I was not satisfied. There were lots of little mistakes that were simply too many in total. So I carefully dismantled it and started with the new construction.

eZy Watermark_07-11-2023_10-03-41-6290PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_07-11-2023_10-04-23-7890PM.jpeg

In the following picture you can see the biggest mistake, the rudder feedthrough was too far forward.

eZy Watermark_08-11-2023_08-53-02-8760PM.jpeg

I also made a template for the new body to get the exact curvature. The four centre rear timbers and the window sills are in place, the outer timbers will be added tomorrow.

eZy Watermark_08-11-2023_09-55-41-5530PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_08-11-2023_09-57-18-3960PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_08-11-2023_09-58-31-2370PM.jpeg

Thank you very much for your interest and for stopping by.

eZy Watermark_07-11-2023_10-05-29-1240PM.jpeg

Hello dear friends,
as I already announced in Le Rochefort Bautagebuch, here I go again. My last status was the rear body with which I was not satisfied. There were lots of little mistakes that were simply too many in total. So I carefully dismantled it and started with the new construction.

View attachment 405655

View attachment 405656

In the following picture you can see the biggest mistake, the rudder feedthrough was too far forward.

View attachment 405658

I also made a template for the new body to get the exact curvature. The four centre rear timbers and the window sills are in place, the outer timbers will be added tomorrow.

View attachment 405659

View attachment 405660

View attachment 405661

View attachment 405657
Tobias my dear friend
I salute you for your attention to detail and accuracy, including your willingness to rebuild the parts

Witaj
Gratuluję wytrwałości i dążenia do perfekcji ,jest ona nam bardzo potrzebna Tobiaszu . Życzę powodzenia . Pozdrawiam Mirek

Hello
Congratulations on your perseverance and striving for perfection , we need it very much Tobias . I wish you good luck . Best regards Mirek

Last edited by a moderator:
I fully understand your step to adjust and make these elements new.
And maybe it was a must to do, because a wrong hole location for the rudder would end in a complete misalignment of the rudder system - the geometrie would be completely wrong -> I guess it was not only to tend for perfection - it was alos partly the need to do - otherwise you have later too much errors in the ship geometrie
Well Done my friend

Hello dear friends,

View attachment 405655

View attachment 405656

View attachment 405658

View attachment 405659

View attachment 405660

View attachment 405661

View attachment 405657
Ciao Tobias.
Oltre ai complimenti per il lavoro che stai facendo, ti faccio i complimenti per il coraggio di rompere e rifare da capo una parte che non piace.

Hi Tobias.
In addition to compliments for the work you are doing, I compliment you for the courage to break and redo a part you don't like.

Hello dear friends,

View attachment 405655

View attachment 405656

View attachment 405658

View attachment 405659

View attachment 405660

View attachment 405661

View attachment 405657
Changing something that is not correct in time always has my respect. And you as a builder must take that step. It throws you back a bit in time, but is a step forward in construction with correct details. So: My respect, Tobias.
Regards, Peter

Thank you so much to everyone, you are amazing.

The stern timbers are in place, still not quite perfect but I'm happy. I still have to do some sanding and adjustments to the rest of the hull, then I think it will fit quite well.
But I can only do this work once I have given the construction more stability.

eZy Watermark_11-11-2023_08-04-40-1290PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_11-11-2023_08-05-27-0310PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_11-11-2023_08-18-59-5470PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_11-11-2023_08-21-33-8840PM.jpeg

The next step is the gunports and the small window, these have already been marked and will be worked out in the next few days.

I wish you all a nice rest of the weekend. See you soon.

Thank you so much to everyone, you are amazing.

The stern timbers are in place, still not quite perfect but I'm happy. I still have to do some sanding and adjustments to the rest of the hull, then I think it will fit quite well.
But I can only do this work once I have given the construction more stability.

View attachment 406353

View attachment 406354

View attachment 406355

View attachment 406356

The next step is the gunports and the small window, these have already been marked and will be worked out in the next few days.

I wish you all a nice rest of the weekend. See you soon.
when you have some time, you I would love to see information on the construction of your assembly table !

Back