Nikitin San Bartolome 1584 A.D. (Kit #35)

On page 16 of your log you have a picture of the assembled clamps (thank you) and I see one style of clamp is shown in the video # 37, but I have some parts for clamps on the same sheet (37) that I am not sure of, and aren't shown in your clamp picture... parts 12-20. Did you use these? Have any idea how to put them together? If not, don't worry, I will figure it out eventually. A diagram from Pavel would have been helpful here.

On page 16 of your log you have a picture of the assembled clamps (thank you) and I see one style of clamp is shown in the video # 37, but I have some parts for clamps on the same sheet (37) that I am not sure of, and aren't shown in your clamp picture... parts 12-20. Did you use these? Have any idea how to put them together? If not, don't worry, I will figure it out eventually. A diagram from Pavel would have been helpful here.
Hope this helps.

fullsizeoutput_277.jpeg

The clamp is used to hold the planks below the Wale.

Jan

Last edited:
Great build log and a fantastic looking model. Way out of my skill level. Looking forward to more.
It's a great kit. Well engineered and has a lot of instructional support. There are 50 YouTube videos covering various parts of the build and 172 pages of build plans.

Jan

Jan, just finding your project. Very interesting subject and super job constructing her. Your railroad empire looks like it starts in Scranton PA and ends in Philadelphia PA. WOW. I am now on board, thanks for sharing.

Jan, just finding your project. Very interesting subject and super job constructing her. Your railroad empire looks like it starts in Scranton PA and ends in Philadelphia PA. WOW. I am now on board, thanks for sharing.
Hi Ken, glad to have you onboard. My railroad empire is in a constant state of flux. One leg of the layout is a big switching puzzle, the rest is designed for push - pull operation with a reversing loop. The switching puzzle can support two operators and the main layout three. When things go south in the shipyard I retreat to the RR empire.

Jan

Unfortunately it's not available on YouTube at the moment.
I would like to know how exactly the masts should be built.
I'm not quite there yet, but I would be very interested.

Unfortunately it's not available on YouTube at the moment.
I would like to know how exactly the masts should be built.
I'm not quite there yet, but I would be very interested.
I‘m still working on the hull assembly. But like you I’m curious as to how the masts are ”rounded”.

Jan

Back