Nikitin San Bartolome 1584 A.D. (Kit #35)

Hi @Jagpilot , thanks, I'm using the alcohol-based dyes that Pavel himself uses and sells along with the models. With the airbrush I first gave the black patina, then with a 240 grain swab I removed everything making it remain only in the grooves, in the few accessible areas, around the cannons, then I gave a coat of walnut paint, glass with 240 grit and finally the oak tint, lighter, creating contrasts with 320 grit swab. Unfortunately, artificial light does not render 'justice'.

Hi @Jagpilot , thanks, I'm using the alcohol-based dyes that Pavel himself uses and sells along with the models. With the airbrush I first gave the black patina, then with a 240 grain swab I removed everything making it remain only in the grooves, in the few accessible areas, around the cannons, then I gave a coat of walnut paint, glass with 240 grit and finally the oak tint, lighter, creating contrasts with 320 grit swab. Unfortunately, artificial light does not render 'justice'.
Could you please show overhead photos of how you handled the DIY top of the transom that used part #266.
Respectfully,
John

Well, since you offered (smile)

You show a wide "cap" rail shaped like #266 below it and there is another wide "cap rail" identically shaped above #266. How did you fabricate those two pieces? I am in the process of trying now.

My wood is very pliable when wet. I have used the kit supplied #266 piece as a pattern and clamped a piece of 2 mm x 7mm plank to it and it easily duplicated the shape. I am going to leave it overnight to see if there is spring back - other bending I have done with wood supplied in the kit has shown little/no return.

IMG_3234.jpeg

Looking for lamination lines in your photo it looks like you are laminating in the along plank direction as I am now trying. If that doesn't work for me due to spring back I would laminate as shown with short pieces in the fore & aft direction as shown on page 138.

Respectfully,
John

Back