New Occre kit

Is this the Victory? I didn't know it had a sprit topmast.
The shown ship was a 100-gunner with the name Victory kaunched in 1737

The 'Victory’ itself was built in the Royal Dockyard, Portsmouth and measured 174 feet along the gun deck by 50 feet in the beam and had a tonnage of 1921 (builders old measurement). In 1744, a formidable fleet, commanded by Admiral Sir John Balchen in the 'Victory’, was sent to relieve Gibraltar; broke the blockade of the river Tagus in Portugal and drove the French fleet into Cadiz. Balchen was returning to England when his fleet was scattered by a violent gale on 4 October. So much damage was done that the 'Victory’ was lost with all hands, nearly 1200 men, in the Western Approaches of the English Channel.

all together there wre 4 ships with the name Victory with 100 guns over the time existing, launched in 1675, 1695, 1737 and the last and actual in 1765

Screenshot 2023-09-28 081402.png

The last one, which is still existing was launched in 1765 - in the beginning with this appearance

l2449_003.jpg l2449_004.jpg

l2449_007.jpg l2449_010.jpg

with an open stern balconies and a totaly different figurehead

d9444_2.jpg

so beautifull

some of us members, as we know more about ships and the history of the HMS Victory, would be happy, if a kit would be developed with the older appearance, but most of the modelers know only the actual look of the Victory, exhibited now in Portsmouth - therefore I do not know, if the market for the old Victory would be so big......

I don't agree with this. HMS Victory is THE ship from sail era. One must understand that any kits manufacturer has or wants to have this model in its catalog.
Another subject is the concept of the model: you can make a new kit that is another Victory, or you can try to make something special to make people want your model discarding any other in the market.
I don't think we have seen enough of this new model to decide if this new kit from Occre will go into the first group or in the second. Anyway the price that was seen is something crazy that would be perhaps logical for inmense Amati non-released model. I don't think that using expensive wood justifies a price tag of 1,400 euros, much less selling it as if you are reinventing the world of scale modeling.
Value of good timber? The UK only stocks the bare minimum, particularly if milled for model ships. I have to get it overseas, even the shipping is prohibitively expensive. For a kit to come with better timber it would probably be cost effective for me. Not this kit though, I must have been on Victory 100 plus times, working on the yard all my lunch breaks were onboard! Even the curator was my neighbour and bar propping mate!
I've seen enough of her.

I think the same, $1400 euros it is a lot of money and here in USA is going to be more money, with that money I can buy three o four kits.
I agree with Rafico & Bryan there are more than enough Victory models out there, and for $1400 ???? I find this very questionable even with upgrades, Occre have never to my knowledge used expensive woods to such an extent to amount to such a price tag if anything they have been chosing the cheapest option in regards to some parts like metal cast boats and even plastic blocks and deadeyes etc..to make the most profit that and re issuing certain ship plans that are very similar in reality to that of similar types of ships, Terror/Erebus, San ildefonso/Montanes,
N S Mercedes/Diana are the ones that spring to mind for me.
Are we definitely sure it's the VICTORY???
Occre says of their New kit it will
"To change the course of the history of Naval Modelling"
I will probably be wrong but another Victory kit no matter what version it is does not relate to the above quote that I know of.
So here is my tuppence proposition.
What about :
"The Fighting Temeraire"
(HMS TEMERAIRE) a 2nd Rate 98 gun ship of the line that "CAME TO THE RESCUE of HMS VICTORY" during Trafalgar and captured 2 French ships winning public renown in Britain.
Of course I maybe completely wrong as well. If it isn't HMS TEMERAIRE then at least its maybe a good shout for a company to produce this ship as a kit for its historical feats and involvement in TRAFALGAR.

Last edited:
I agree with Rafico & Bryan there are more than enough Victory models out there, and for $1400 ???? I find this very questionable even with upgrades, Occre have never to my knowledge used expensive woods to such an extent to amount to such a price tag if anything they have been chosing the cheapest option in regards to some parts like metal cast boats and even plastic blocks and deadeyes etc..to make the most profit that and re issuing certain ship plans that are very similar in reality to that of similar types of ships, Terror/Erebus, San ildefonso/Montanes,
N S Mercedes/Diana are the ones that spring to mind for me.
Are we definitely sure it's the VICTORY???
Occre says of their New kit it will
"To change the course of the history of Naval Modelling"
I will probably be wrong but another Victory kit no matter what version it is does not relate to the above quote that I know of.
So here is my tuppence proposition.
What about :
"The Fighting Temeraire"
(HMS TEMERAIRE) a 2nd Rate 98 gun ship of the line that "CAME TO THE RESCUE of HMS VICTORY" during Trafalgar and captured 2 French ships winning public renown in Britain.
Of course I maybe completely wrong as well. If it isn't HMS TEMERAIRE then at least its maybe a good shout for a company to produce this ship as a kit for its historical feats and involvement in TRAFALGAR.
To you and me, it's just HMS Victory out of the box for big rip-off money. For a normal person, wow, he must have this model because it is limited, and Occre makes it, and in general it will be worth a lot when assembled. It was the same with HMS Erebus, people make the same model twice because... that's the story. And the quality of workmanship, according to buyers, is 5 stars.
There is only one problem - what will someone say who makes this model from scratch and sees the ready-made model for €1,400 as the only and limited one? You will judge it for yourself if someone compares your wooden model to the box model as the same quality because it is unique and limited.

Someone should make a video showing the differences between the HMS Victory kits on the market today showing the differences in the details and comparing them to photos of the real ship. A builder who has built a Victory from each of the kit manufacturers could work with other builders to take photos of various parts of the model from the same angle for each model. I'm sure there are enough Victory builders out there to accomplish this.

Based on the reminder for this "special event", which will take place tomorrow, I was looking at the advertisements by Occre on facebook

Screenshot 2023-10-20 094345.png Screenshot 2023-10-20 094444.png

but important are these small information they gave in the last weeks about this new release

Screenshot 2023-10-20 094724.png Screenshot 2023-10-20 094829.pngScreenshot 2023-10-20 094858.png
Screenshot 2023-10-20 094931.png Screenshot 2023-10-20 095016.png

A new concept - a new construction method - cutting edge materials
More than 4.000 pieces - a unique, extraordinary and masterful recreation
A piece that is part of naval history,. This limited edition is a tribute to naval history
More than 2 years of development. ...... it is about to change the rules of the game
Incomparable
excellence - created to change the course of the history of naval modeling

This model has to be the modeling perpetuum mobile - after these words - I hope that I will be not disappointed..... I expect something really great ;)

There were already photos of this model in a certain store by mistake on the Internet, and my friend they were immediately deleted. Nothing special, 1400 euros for nothing.

There were already photos of this model in a certain store by mistake on the Internet, and my friend they were immediately deleted. Nothing special, 1400 euros for nothing.
so another HMS Victory ........

so another HMS Victory ........
Another HMS Victory model, only in the Admiralty version. I don't think it will be a different model since it was already on the Internet. A similar model was the Admiralty version of HMS Bounty from Deagostini. Not everyone wants such a model, it is certainly unique, but it does not have the "wow" effect.

Another HMS Victory model, only in the Admiralty version. I don't think it will be a different model since it was already on the Internet. A similar model was the Admiralty version of HMS Bounty from Deagostini. Not everyone wants such a model, it is certainly unique, but it does not have the "wow" effect.
I just remember, that I saw something like this (Vic in somehow admirality) by accident - this was more several open bulkheads simulating a framing - yes I remember
Let us wait until tomorrow and we will see the new model in real

Back