HMS Sovereign of the Seas - Bashing DeAgostini Beyond Believable Boundaries

Get well soon Kurt!
On the topic of 3D modeling and resin printing, both have a lengthy learning curve, modeling being the longest. I have been working with 3D models since 1991, however it has been using Engineering software that is mainly geared towards mechanical and structural geometry. Not something ideal to make figures with. I would like to learn a software geared towards figure creation, but have chosen to learn to carve instead. I wish you the best in your endeavors and will watch with interest. ;)

Get well soon Kurt!
On the topic of 3D modeling and resin printing, both have a lengthy learning curve, modeling being the longest. I have been working with 3D models since 1991, however it has been using Engineering software that is mainly geared towards mechanical and structural geometry. Not something ideal to make figures with. I would like to learn a software geared towards figure creation, but have chosen to learn to carve instead. I wish you the best in your endeavors and will watch with interest. ;)
Thanks Dean. I have experience in 3-D modeling for animation, not CAD. Blender has sculpting tools for freeform shaping which are useful for ship carvings such as the cameo decorations. Blender is complex, so it will take a while to learn.

Thanks Dean. I have experience in 3-D modeling for animation, not CAD. Blender has sculpting tools for freeform shaping which are useful for ship carvings such as the cameo decorations. Blender is complex, so it will take a while to learn.
That's understandable, the more flexibility or functionality in the software, the bigger the learning curve...sigh! But if you have previous 3d software experience, that will bode well in your ability to learn Blender. ;)

Bad news... I'm experiencing a kidney stone on my left side as I type this. Hurts a lot. Drank a quart of water to try and pass it. Ouch. :(
Submerge the lower body in the hot tub for some time..., but, you should really see the Doc as soon as you can. Those guys (stones) could be really dangerous.

Submerge the lower body in the hot tub for some time..., but, you should really see the Doc as soon as you can. Those guys (stones) could be really dangerous.
This is my third stone, and by the feel of it, the smallest. A hot shower really helped. The pain grew and ebbed over an hour and has not returned because the stone moved.

This is my third stone, and by the feel of it, the smallest. A hot shower really helped. The pain grew and ebbed over an hour and has not returned because the stone moved.
...what can I say, I am not a doctor but moving stones are very dangerous...more dangerous than stationed ones.

...what can I say, I am not a doctor but moving stones are very dangerous...more dangerous than stationed ones.
Not in this case. A stationary stone means blocking the ereter tube and pressure buildup in a kidney. That can damage or destroy a kidney is the pressure causes the extreme pain. I want that little stone moving to the bladder where it can then leave painlessly.

Not in this case. A stationary stone means blocking the ereter tube and pressure buildup in a kidney. That can damage or destroy a kidney is the pressure causes the extreme pain. I want that little stone moving to the bladder where it can then leave painlessly.
LOL, Unfortunately, I don't have that deep knowledge of stones (at least of kidneys) and the entire urinary system. wishing you feel better :cool:

Back