HMS Blandford 1720 in scale 1:48 by Modelship Dockyard [COMPLETED BUILD]

What you see is a slightly different color of wood.
I guess these beams are made out of three elements in sandwich-construction
a wider core element (lighter color) and on both sides thinner side-elements with the pre-cut recesses for the carlings
a different method to produce the recesses without using cnc, only laser-cut parts for the beams
Hi Uwek, it's an unrealistic system, applied by the author of the Kit, right

嗨 Zoly,这只是一个问题,我试图了解各种套件的复杂性,谢谢
是的,这确实是一种节省成本的设计。如果采用CNC加工,护套成本会增加30-40美元

Yes, this is indeed a cost saving design. If CNC machined, the sheath cost will increase by 30-40 US dollars

是的,这确实是一种节省成本的设计。如果采用CNC加工,护套成本会增加30-40美元

Yes, this is indeed a cost saving design. If CNC machined, the sheath cost will increase by 30-40 US dollars
Thanks, it's very kind of you

Why not use CNC machining for beams, I want to designers and manufacturers are considering cost, because the CNC machining for manufacturers is not very complicated things, but we must pay more money when buying the kit, the designer can consider his manufacturing costs in the development of the kit and the purchase cost of the buyer, will find a balance between the two. Like now in the market for sale of ship model, each of the model simplified, with real ship is little different, of course you can also buy these models after when making kit for a lot of transformation, makes the model more real. And CNC machining the crossbar slot, there will be a disadvantage, that is the problem, because CNC cutting tool in machining 90 degree angles at the bottom of the right Angle will be a semicircle is linked together, the model built need to repair each slot.
Here again, all people are welcome to your comments here, even contrary opinions, and put forward your question, I will into the best effort to answer, also welcome to have know answers to all the people to help me answer, thank you

Very good work on these fittings - accurate and clean work Thumbsup

i agree but this is such a complex model its not until youve done something that you realise it not correct
They should also curve with the deck but i am not sure if that is possible (Or if this has been done)
Thank you for answering me, good modeling

Yes, the deck frame size is not the same.
He is not a mistake, can't because I don't know, thought it was a mistake, not all of the ship deck are the same size, the framework of the following is the original drawings of the ship.
布拉得福2 拷贝.jpg

Yes, the deck frame size is not the same.
He is not a mistake, can't because I don't know, thought it was a mistake, not all of the ship deck are the same size, the framework of the following is the original drawings of the ship.
View attachment 335376
and this is also shown in the Anatomy book, which was also based on the contemporary drawings - so everything is correct

Back