HMS Blandford 1720 in scale 1:48 by Modelship Dockyard [COMPLETED BUILD]

Love your work
Interestingly you have dropped the "Fillers" below the main line of the body of the hull
Also yopuve "pinned" the Thick tuff to the side and bottom of the hull is that actually or marked - looks good what did you use
Wjhen I built my San Filepe and Victory i made tree nails out of 1mm square stuff (wood) rounded through a few holes in am old tobacco tin
Thank you for your compliment, I'm sorry to reply some late. Didn't understand what you said "Fillers" refers to what is, on the ship's nails is real is not marked, with 0.6 mm ebony and fishing line 0.5 mm and 0.4 mm.

Thank you for your compliment, I'm sorry to reply some late. Didn't understand what you said "Fillers" refers to what is, on the ship's nails is real is not marked, with 0.6 mm ebony and fishing line 0.5 mm and 0.4 mm.
the fillers are at the top of the hull joining each of the frames. THey seem to drop well below the top off the frame
I am still "Filling" this part of the hl and I am makiing sure each "Filler" is as marked on the drawings so i can trim the frames to the correct height
I thought i had made a mistake
How did you get on with the Hawse Frames there seems to be a arge gap between the rear Hawse FRame and the No 1 Main (Square) FRame if you build them the way the little jig is designed

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK - What did you use to get that great finish on the Keel parts please

the fillers are at the top of the hull joining each of the frames. THey seem to drop well below the top off the frame
I am still "Filling" this part of the hl and I am makiing sure each "Filler" is as marked on the drawings so i can trim the frames to the correct height
I thought i had made a mistake
How did you get on with the Hawse Frames there seems to be a arge gap between the rear Hawse FRame and the No 1 Main (Square) FRame if you build them the way the little jig is designed

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK - What did you use to get that great finish on the Keel parts please

Because I am use translation software and you communicate, in the process of dialogue, because translation software can cause many places don't understand, you'd better put your problem in the image, to facilitate understanding. "Filler" means that I think you said why I let it above the frame at the top of the problems, "Filler" just model designers in order to strengthen the strength of the model, to ensure that the correct hull shape for building and add, testing result will not, so the installation position of "Fille" is not a problem. The image below should be very good, why do I make it more a problem of frame.IMG_20220307_152805.jpg
Because the model framework in the installation process will be a lot of reasons make the framework produces deformation, outward the hull frame deformation, the higher part of the rubber strip can be set as the anchor point, pull the inside of the hull deformation outward to the right position, fixed the hull deformation, of course, there are many other methods, this method is only my own habit, but I think this is the most simple way.

To the problem of the height of the frame can measure each frame in the suite drawings in the distance between the top to bottom, and then the height of the map in the model framework for cutting, the location of the "Filler" cannot be used as a reference frame height.
Because of my suite is in earlier time bought from the model, the designer, when I buy the suite and the suite of provided drawings have some problems, so I didn't use the drawings in the suite in building models, to a large number of reconstruction of the suite, I my suite this suite and everyone will have a lot of different, I mainly refer to the Goodwins books and original drawings of the boat to build.

Language i s a problem
The Fillers, as you say, are the small pieces between the top of the hull
Your photos above are great and as they are designed
your earlier phots seemed to show them lower

I am not sure what you mean by "Suite" do you mean Your Model
Very Impressed with your work

THanks

La lingua è un problema
I Filler, come dici tu, sono i piccoli pezzi tra la parte superiore dello scafo
Le tue foto sopra sono fantastiche e come sono state progettate
le tue foto precedenti sembravano mostrarle più basse

Non sono sicuro di cosa intendi per "Suite", intendi il tuo modello
Molto impressionato dal tuo lavoro

Grazie
Ciao Wang scusa una domanda, queste strisce lungo le travi sono di Kit? Grazie

IMG_20220401_165640.jpg

Last edited:
Ciao Wang scusa una domanda, queste strisce lungo le travi sono di Kit? Grazie
What you see is a slightly different color of wood.
I guess these beams are made out of three elements in sandwich-construction
a wider core element (lighter color) and on both sides thinner side-elements with the pre-cut recesses for the carlings
a different method to produce the recesses without using cnc, only laser-cut parts for the beams

Last edited:
Poiché io uso il software di traduzione e tu comunichi, nel processo di dialogo, poiché il software di traduzione può causare molti posti non capiti, faresti meglio a mettere il tuo problema nell'immagine, per facilitare la comprensione. "Filler" significa che penso che tu abbia detto perché l'ho lasciato sopra il telaio nella parte superiore dei problemi, "Filler" solo modellisti per rafforzare la forza del modello, per garantire che la forma dello scafo corretta per la costruzione e aggiunga , il risultato del test non lo farà, quindi la posizione di installazione di "Fille" non è un problema. L'immagine qui sotto dovrebbe essere molto buona, perché lo rendo più un problema di cornice.View attachment 333818
Poiché la struttura del modello nel processo di installazione avrà molte ragioni per cui la struttura produce deformazione, verso l'esterno la deformazione del telaio dello scafo, la parte superiore della striscia di gomma può essere impostata come punto di ancoraggio, tirare la deformazione all'interno dello scafo verso l'esterno per la giusta posizione, fissata la deformazione dello scafo, ovviamente, ci sono molti altri metodi, questo metodo è solo una mia abitudine, ma penso che questo sia il modo più semplice.

Per il problema dell'altezza della cornice si può misurare ogni cornice nella suite disegni nella distanza tra l'alto e il basso, e quindi l'altezza della mappa nel quadro del modello per il taglio, la posizione del "Riempimento" non può essere utilizzata come altezza del quadro di riferimento.
Poiché la mia suite è stata acquistata in precedenza dal modello, il progettista, quando acquisto la suite e la suite di disegni forniti hanno alcuni problemi, quindi non ho utilizzato i disegni nella suite nei modelli di costruzione, in gran numero di ricostruzione della suite, io la mia suite questa suite e ognuno ne avrà molte diverse, mi riferisco principalmente ai libri di Goodwins e ai disegni originali della barca da costruire.
Ciao Wang, scusa una domanda, queste strisce lungo le travi sono di Kit? Grazie
a wider core element (lighter color) and on both sides thinner side-elements with the pre-cut recesses for the carlings
a different method to produce the recesses without using cnc, only laser-cut parts for the beams
Thanks Uwek, I guess it's Kit fixed, right?

IMG_20220401_165640.jpg

That is exactly right Uwek. The centre section is 4 mm and the 2 outer sections with the cut outs fro the carlings are both 1 mm

Thank you very much for your instructions, he is completely correct. You of the ship itself and the model in the production of knowledge are very comprehensive, let a person admire.

not sure what you mean fishing line surely that is clear or transparent. surely it would not show

Back