Cheap Chinese Halcon speed build [COMPLETED BUILD]

Yeah? And it's nearly 1am GMT on a Friday? CONGRATS! Good on you! Or something else entirely... I don't know for sure. I'm drinking beer myself.

Cheers!

M.
Pfft, vodka here you lightweight yank !!!
Yeah? And it's nearly 1am GMT on a Friday? CONGRATS! Good on you! Or something else entirely... I don't know for sure. I'm drinking beer myself.

Cheers!

M.

Day 35

Did 3 1/2 hours of rigging today. The lifts were installed on the foremast.

Rigging this small has to be done in a particular series of steps in order to get precise line tension and proper belaying. First, you tie the lift line to the belaying pin and cut off the excess, insert the belaying pin in the rack, securing it and the line with PVA glue.
IMG_2921.jpeg

Mine is then lead upward to blocks, and left loose near the yardarm.
IMG_2922.jpeg

tweezers are used to belay the standing part of the line around the pin. This work becomes easier with practice, and even without eye magnification, I was able to maneuver the line around the belay pin.
IMG_2923.jpeg

Add a bit of PVA glue to the belayed line to secure it, and you’re done at this end.
IMG_2924.jpeg

Here are the tackles for the halyards and lifts for the foremast on the port side.
IMG_2927.jpeg

The yard for the fore coarse sail is held aloft with a sling and lifts, after the halyard is dismantled. A tie and halyard or just a halyard supports the yards above it.
IMG_2929.jpeg

IMG_2930.jpeg

The falls of the tackles are a bit loose because there is no downward force on the yard arms. Once the sheets and clue lines are installed, the tackles will be under more tension because they will draw the yards downward.
IMG_2926.jpeg

The foremast lifts are complete.
IMG_2925.jpeg

Progress so far.
IMG_2928.jpeg

Day 35

Did 3 1/2 hours of rigging today. The lifts were installed on the foremast.

Rigging this small has to be done in a particular series of steps in order to get precise line tension and proper belaying. First, you tie the lift line to the belaying pin and cut off the excess, insert the belaying pin in the rack, securing it and the line with PVA glue.
View attachment 423944

Mine is then lead upward to blocks, and left loose near the yardarm.
View attachment 423945

tweezers are used to belay the standing part of the line around the pin. This work becomes easier with practice, and even without eye magnification, I was able to maneuver the line around the belay pin.
View attachment 423946

Add a bit of PVA glue to the belayed line to secure it, and you’re done at this end.
View attachment 423947

Here are the tackles for the halyards and lifts for the foremast on the port side.
View attachment 423948

The yard for the fore coarse sail is held aloft with a sling and lifts, after the halyard is dismantled. A tie and halyard or just a halyard supports the yards above it.
View attachment 423949

View attachment 423950

The falls of the tackles are a bit loose because there is no downward force on the yard arms. Once the sheets and clue lines are installed, the tackles will be under more tension because they will draw the yards downward.
View attachment 423951

The foremast lifts are complete.
View attachment 423952

Progress so far.
View attachment 423953
Too much hobby, ger a younger drunk female neighbour, model ships be ******!

Back