Bluenose - Model Shipways MS2130 - 1/64 - By JeffT [COMPLETED BUILD]

I found the correct Canadian flag as a PDF for the Bluenose online and made a couple of modifications to it. My (brief) research has the leaves on the flag at the time being green as opposed to red (changed to red in 1957), so I modified them to be green. I also sized the flag to be more in line with the model. I made a couple of variations and printed them on T-Shirt transfer paper with an inkjet printer. Using an iron, I transfer the flags to a thin handkerchief. I settled on the back-to-back version of the flag and glued the 2 sides together with white glue with the flag halyard sandwiched between the sides. Once dry the flag was raised and belayed.
IMG_7530.jpgIMG_7532.jpg

I have taken the final images of the ship and will post them soon.

Attachments

• Bluenose Flag design.pdf
    198.2 KB · Views: 9
I found the correct Canadian flag as a PDF for the Bluenose online and made a couple of modifications to it. My (brief) research has the leaves on the flag at the time being green as opposed to red (changed to red in 1957), so I modified them to be green. I also sized the flag to be more in line with the model. I made a couple of variations and printed them on T-Shirt transfer paper with an inkjet printer. Using an iron, I transfer the flags to a thin handkerchief. I settled on the back-to-back version of the flag and glued the 2 sides together with white glue with the flag halyard sandwiched between the sides. Once dry the flag was raised and belayed.
View attachment 395388View attachment 395389

I have taken the final images of the ship and will post them soon.
Good morning Jeff. Cool Flag. Cheers Grant

I have finished my Bluenose at this point, although I still need to add a name plate. I will likely design something for 3D printing as opposed to an engraved plate.

Without further ado here's my final pictures of the Bluenose schooner. Detail shots will be in a second final images post.

EOSR1815.jpgEOSR1817.jpgEOSR1819.jpgEOSR1822.jpgEOSR1823.jpgEOSR1825.jpgEOSR1843.jpgEOSR1821.jpgEOSR1824.jpg

Absolutely beautiful. You’ve allowed me to push myself by following your build. Your attention to detail is amazing and your willingness to help others is top shelf. Can’t wait to see what you have planned next.

also from my side the Congratulations for finishing this fine model
She is looking great - BRAVO

Back