YUANQING BLUENOSE - Peter Voogt [COMPLETED BUILD]

真的太漂亮了!为什么不用拍摄视频方式进行全方位展示呢?
It's really beautiful! Why not take a video to show it in all directions?
Hi YQ-Models. I suppose it’s posted by you Xiuli ?
Thanks for the compliments and option of presentation. I'm not that interested in videos. But I did photograph the model from all angles:
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
Dear Peter. I have finally made my way to what can only be described as the all-time definitive build of a Bluenose model - in any scale, derived from whatever source, anywhere in the world. Full stop. And I am very sure that I can cast that net much wider, but before I do some serious stepping on toes, let me rest my case. Everything about this model can and should be described in the superlative - except the scale. The irony is that at 1:72 scale the amount of detailing included in this build is probably one of the biggest superlatives. The amount of detailing is only matched by the method of displaying the model (cutting it half), which in itself is something to marvel about.

I have often thought about what is the best build I have ever seen and whilst i have not yet made up my mind about that, this model is most certainly one of the top contenders. It is a masterpiece and I do not say that lightly.

Chapeau, my friend!
True story H.

Ciao Peter.

Mi ci vuole un bel pò di tempo per vedere il complesso, accurato e splendido lavoro che hai fatto.
Ho inziato Dai primipt Post. Il taglio laser è venuto perfetto.

Hello Peter.

It takes me a long time to see the complex, accurate and splendid work you did.I started from the early posts.
The laser cut came perfect.

Ciao Peter.

Mi ci vuole un bel pò di tempo per vedere il complesso, accurato e splendido lavoro che hai fatto.
Ho inziato Dai primipt Post. Il taglio laser è venuto perfetto.

Hello Peter.

It takes me a long time to see the complex, accurate and splendid work you did.I started from the early posts.
The laser cut came perfect.
Thanks for visiting my BN-log. If you are intended to go through all the pages, it becomes almost as much of a journey as the construction itself. :) But you are more than welcome, Allessandro.
Regards, Peter

Stunning work Peter! That is the way to go !!! Thumbsup Slowly and methodical and the fit of those parts is beyond words!
I second that Heinrich. I find myself fitting keel parts on a glass plate and shining a flashlight through from the bottom looking for a detectable gap
What an absolute pleasure after the last build.

FINISH:
Before I give the BN her place in the showcase, I first added some attributes:

The 3 different 'regular 2021' 10-cent coins I received from SoS member Rich @PT-2:
View attachment 385344
Special: All three sails are polished to a shine. On the right a special edition with the water as blue foil.

The '2021 Mint Proof Silver Dollars 100th Anniversary of Bluenose':
View attachment 385345
Special: the 'Matted Sails'.

The '2021 Fine Silver Proof Set 100th Anniversary of Bluenose':
View attachment 385346
Special: Dollar with Gold Plated Sails, 10-cents with Matted Sails.
PS: Thanks again Reg @RegG helping with the purchase.:)

The BN enclosed with the showcase:
View attachment 385347
With normal daylight.

With the LED lighting:
View attachment 385348
But hopefully that will show up better when it gets dark. So there's another update later .....

With LED and spotlights from above:
View attachment 385349
So many different forms of presentation.

Can I always look at her from behind my iMac:
View attachment 385350
But maybe she will still be in the living room.......
Regards, Peter
Hi Peter, 172 pages! What an enjoyable journey it’s been seeing this beautiful model being created and what a stunning result. I can only add my congratulations along with all the other well deserved ones on the forum. Ken.

I second that Heinrich. I find myself fitting keel parts on a glass plate and shining a flashlight through from the bottom looking for a detectable gap
What an absolute pleasure after the last build.
Thanks for visiting my build-log, Ted. Everything I do with building models ………. I have learned from others!
Good to see that you are checking the other BN-build-logs.
Regards, Peter

Hi Peter, 172 pages! What an enjoyable journey it’s been seeing this beautiful model being created and what a stunning result. I can only add my congratulations along with all the other well deserved ones on the forum. Ken.
Thanks for this compliments, Ken. Sorry or the large quantity of pages ……. ;)
Regards, Peter

I'll bother you one last time with some more pictures.
I placed the BN in the display case with the openwork side in sight. Also with a view of the layout of the fishhold. But at the same time that is a shame because you do not see the black-red closed side with the beautiful lines of the hull.

Therefore placed a piece of mirror against the rear glass. This was also an option for Daniel @Daniel20 for the later display of his BN. So Daniel here you can get an impression:
View attachment 386779
I also had a full mirror back as an option in mind. But then the image is distorted because everything in the surrounding is reflected in the mirror.

In the photo I can only show fixed images:
View attachment 386780
In real life you can change position and get a good view of 'the other side', especially at the rear.

At the front it is slightly less because of the sails:
View attachment 386781
But when you bend your knees something, you get this perspective.

I couldn't filter out all the reflections, but all in all, that piece of mirror gives a much more dynamic presentation.
Regards, Peter
very beautiful model and great wey for the exhibition, my dear friend Okay :)

All together now: :D “We don’t need no education, we don’t need no thought control.”
Let the whole euvre pass by.
I'm going to put the vinyl “Echoes” now on the turntable (ReVox) myself.
Regards, Peter
Another Pink Floyd fan. I was fortunate enough to see them at the Rose Bowl back in the 80's. Jeez almost 40 years ago

Another Pink Floyd fan. I was fortunate enough to see them at the Rose Bowl back in the 80's. Jeez almost 40 years ago
The life performances of PF left the most impressive impressions. When I play a vinyl I often ‘see’ the memory life performances.
Also bij Roger Waters, before he got ‘a little mad’, last years.
Regards, Peter

Back