YUANQING BLUENOSE - Peter Voogt [COMPLETED BUILD]

Very nice showcase Peter. And yes do keep left in Scotland. Although there are quite a few single-lane roads the further north you go, so keeping left becomes less important. What you must watch out for are Scotsmen, they're a mad bunch ROTF. Seriously though, enjoy the trip. I have family in Scotland and have spend many pleasant times up there. Head for the west coast Highlands for sure, Skye, etc, very beautiful indeed. Enjoy, and keep safe Thumbsup

Very nice showcase Peter. And yes do keep left in Scotland. Although there are quite a few single-lane roads the further north you go, so keeping left becomes less important. What you must watch out for are Scotsmen, they're a mad bunch ROTF. Seriously though, enjoy the trip. I have family in Scotland and have spend many pleasant times up there. Head for the west coast Highlands for sure, Skye, etc, very beautiful indeed. Enjoy, and keep safe Thumbsup
Thanks, Mark. We go all around and through Scotland and a whole day for Skye. And I know to behave to Scotsman. After introducing myself as Dutch I alway asked them: are you Brittish? Alway good for the ‘reaction score’. ROTF
But after that I make my sincere apologies, because I know….
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
ROTF Thanks, Mark. We go all around and through Scotland and a whole day for Skye. And I know to behave to Scotsman. After introducing myself as Dutch I alway asked them: are you Brittish? Alway good for the ‘reaction score’. ROTF
But after that I make my sincere apologies, because I know….
Regards, Peter
…as long as you buy them a fine highlands malt you will be ok with that Peter…

On to the final: installing the glass plates.
After the necessary thinking and reasoning in which order I should place the glass and glazing bars, I started assembling the top.

Made the rebates in the glazing bars to the correct, slightly wider width. Provide the 4 glazing bars with an extra layer of linseed oil so that the sealant and glue do not adhere to the outside. Provide the rebates with a layer of gray sealant and the corners with wood glue. The 4 glazing bars placed around the glass:
26 Bovenzijde.jpg
With the help of the Occre brass corner profiles, everything was placed at right angles and tensioned with a tension strap:
27 Hoeken.jpg

Then put the 4 corner glazing bars together with the pieces of perspex in the 4 corners as temporary corner reinforcements and alignment:
28 Hoeklatten.jpg

Finally, the bottom plate temporary installed the other way around, with the corner glazing bars in the recesses:
29 Bodem.jpg
On the floor a check with 2 squares whether everything is square.
Then the base can dry for a while.
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
On to the final: installing the glass plates.
After the necessary thinking and reasoning in which order I should place the glass and glazing bars, I started assembling the top.

Made the rebates in the glazing bars to the correct, slightly wider width. Provide the 4 glazing bars with an extra layer of linseed oil so that the sealant and glue do not adhere to the outside. Provide the rebates with a layer of gray sealant and the corners with wood glue. The 4 glazing bars placed around the glass:
View attachment 381915
With the help of the Occre brass corner profiles, everything was placed at right angles and tensioned with a tension strap:
View attachment 381916

Then put the 4 corner glazing bars together with the pieces of perspex in the 4 corners as temporary corner reinforcements:
View attachment 381917

Finally, the bottom plate was installed the other way around, with the corner glazing bars in the recesses:
View attachment 381918
On the floor a check with 2 squares whether everything is square.
Then the base can dry for a while.
Regards, Peter
Good, your display case is suitable to be lifted by a fork lift; looks good to meROTF!
Welcome home btw.

Welcome home btw.
All the clothes clean and put away, the engine cleaned and time for normal life again.
Good, your display case is suitable to be lifted by a fork lift; looks good to meROTF!
Then I have to make a model of it. Or just 'a knife, a fork, a bottle and a cork ..........'
Regards, Peter

Installed the 4 standing glas plates yesterday. The sealant and adhesive should now harden:
30 Ruiten.jpg
Experimentally this was not the case this morning........ ;) Wanted to start cleaning the windows too quickly.
In terms of weight, it is manageable.

The LED's are still working:
31 Cleaning.jpg
But this is why I wanted to start cleaning. Because of the flowing light you see EVERYTHING!
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
Back