VOC SPIEGELRETOURSCHIP BATAVIA 1628 - KOLDERSTOK 1:72

Thanks Heinrich. Another week or two and then I'll be able to see all my Syren mistakes really clearly :cool: :D
Roger, Nope! From what I have seen and followed on your build log, you will look at the Syren and - if you are honest - say to yourself: "Wow - she is pretty!"

Absolutely Heinrich. When I got that far in his build log I said to myself “Self, that’s way above your pay grade”. As I stated previously he is truly a master builder.
Ron, @Jimsky is fond of a Russian saying: "The eye is afraid, but the hand does". I believe in modelbuilding - as indeed with many other things in life - we are sometimes over-awed by the magnitude of something, but only until we actually try doing it ourselves.

Ron, @Jimsky is fond of a Russian saying: "The eye is afraid, but the hand does". I believe in modelbuilding - as indeed with many other things in life - we are sometimes over-awed by the magnitude of something, but only until we actually try doing it ourselves.
We (Russians) also say: To be afraid of wolves do not go to the forest... ;)

Ab wrote a book on the Willem Barentsz with Cor Emke, but as far as I know, it is only available in Dutch.
Hi Heinrich,
A bit late to this party, but I actually have inquired with the publisher about an English version of the Willem Barents book, but they told me it is not available in English, nor are there current plans to translate it. I may have to learn some Dutch. :)
Cheers!
Eric

No, you are quit right Heinrich, i don't think this is a suitable first build:):):) although it is a beautiful ship, but i hope you have a good move ( read undamaged ships ) to your new apartment.
Good luck
Thank you very much my friend. As I said I will carry her myself and hold her in the car like a baby. :D

Hello Heinrich! I too am just catching up on your build and situation. Of course your ship is spectacular and I wish and pray for your successful move and resettlement. I hope you can give us updates even though your shipyard will be shut down for a while.

Hello Heinrich! I too am just catching up on your build and situation. Of course your ship is spectacular and I wish and pray for your successful move and resettlement. I hope you can give us updates even though your shipyard will be shut down for a while.
Thank you so much for the kind words Daniel. Yes, the moving part is certainly a pain in the ... , but at this point that is what needs to get done. I don't foresee the shipyard being closed too long - rest assured that is the first thing that will be sorted out in the new apartment! :p

Why am I not surprised :D. Good to see you have the time to get started.

Jan
Jan that is exactly the point. Now I have the time. Remember, I only start work on the 10th of February next year. So with the Haarlem in limbo until the new apartment, I thought why not get going with the dirty work on the WB (blocking and fairing the hull) while still in my current location. At least my landlord doesn't mind me building in the apartment - one never knows how a next one might feel.

Back