The Anatomy of the Bounty - AL-

Hi Daniel

View attachment 291640

How about one more plank here so that the exposed portion of the deck is covered? Other than that, she looks great!

Hi Heinrich. Thank you for stopping by. What you are pointing is a deck beam.

Below is Dave Teel model. He posted all his pictures at the start of this thread. Then the AL box picture.

12719348_110856885969017_1590586366443177000_o.jpg
Screenshot_20220217-222326_Gallery.jpg

Mine

20220217_183245.jpg

Cheers
Daniel

Last edited:
Thanks Daniel. I did not doubt the accuracy for a moment - just thought an extra plank would round things off nicely! :)

We are working on similar versions but your looks much more complicate to assemble than mine. I wonder if its an earlier version of my kit.
Attached 2 pictures:
View attachment 291658View attachment 291659
Interesting build, I'll follow along.

You Bounty looks fantastic!!! Congrats !!!

Mine was the first version. more than 30 years ago. I bought it within the first year it was launched. But i never had time to built it. .
20200813_175039.jpg20200813_175047.jpg

When I returned to the Hobby, 2 years ago, I learned that it was discontinued and replaced by your version. Much more easier and has more details. I bought one and will built it too in the future.

Is yours this version ?

Screenshot_20220218-062205_eBay.jpg

Here is a nice built of the new version.

Thread 'HMS Bounty 1:48 Artesania Latina' https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/threads/hms-bounty-1-48-artesania-latina.1781/

If you have pictures of your built. It would be nice if you post a built thread of your Bounty. It will always help others that want to built this model.

Again, congratulations for your excellent built.

Best
Daniel

Last edited:
Yes! That's the kit I am working on.
I have a pretty comprehensive build log on MSW. Here is a link, if you're interested:

Thanks for the compliments! Your version is looking awesome, keep it up!

I am very happy today. I have achieved a milestone I imposed to myself. And I never though I will achieve it, as many times I wanted to use her to heat the house :) .

Still there is work to be done on the hull. You will notice a plank is larger at the stern. Focus on the big picture because if you focus on "the small picture" you will start to find. ..... well leave it there :) HAHAHA.

First pictures for @Gennaro : Bending of the most difficult plank.

View attachment 291590View attachment 291591

Now all the rest:

View attachment 291592View attachment 291593View attachment 291594View attachment 291595View attachment 291596View attachment 291597View attachment 291598View attachment 291599View attachment 291600View attachment 291601
What a beast to beat into submission, that lowest plank with bend and twist. How thick are the planks and what kind of wood did you use? Looking great.

It's looking great, how are you going to display it? The open side is so unusual and interesting and the other side has the lovely copper finish, maybe it needs a turntable lol.

Hi Tony... thank you !!!

Still no Idea of what type of display. Let's see how it ends. If it's crap.... I can display like it's yet on construction. I can distress it more, taking something here and there......

Just kidding :) :) :) HAHAHA

Let's see. But it's an excellent question.

Cheers
Daniel

What a beast to beat into submission, that lowest plank with bend and twist. How thick are the planks and what kind of wood did you use? Looking great.

Thank you Gennaro !!!

Hull kit Planks are 1.5 mm x 5 mm WALNUT

They are easy to bent. No need of warm water. Just 20 -30 ' on a bottle I have in my basement that is average 11C.

When I work I ramp up the heating or after a few hours I will finish frozen like some Artactic explorers from the 1800s. :) :)

Same with Swiss Pear, bent very easy. I always do the oscillating movement when bending it.

Cheers
Daniel

Last edited:
Yes! That's the kit I am working on.
I have a pretty comprehensive build log on MSW. Here is a link, if you're interested:

Thanks for the compliments! Your version is looking awesome, keep it up!

Lylek1... I had time today to take a look to you thread pictures... WOW !!! .... Best word to describe your built.

I loved your Hammocks !!!!!!!

Cheers
Daniel

Back