The Anatomy of the Bounty - AL-

looking great Daniel
are you going to fully rig her or just with mast and minimal rigging?
it certainly is unique and well put together

looks nice
I was looking at my figurehead and was thinking of trying to actually paint it as the lady in the cloak and leave the rest at the back as Black.
Also the transom section I have seen it painted with the fruit and leaves in colour so my try that at a later date.
Would like to see how your side windows work out as It looks a bit fiddly with mine and they don't seem to fit well.
As you mentioned just mast are you doing just the bottom section of the masts only or a full set of masts with standing rigging?

looks nice
I was looking at my figurehead and was thinking of trying to actually paint it as the lady in the cloak and leave the rest at the back as Black.
Also the transom section I have seen it painted with the fruit and leaves in colour so my try that at a later date.
Would like to see how your side windows work out as It looks a bit fiddly with mine and they don't seem to fit well.
As you mentioned just mast are you doing just the bottom section of the masts only or a full set of masts with standing rigging?

Hi Robert

Thank you for the compliments!! I will do just the bottom of the masts. I do not like at all ship rigging, unless it is something small. Like the Mamara trading boat I built. I found that I don't have patient for that :).

Best !!
Daniel

Last edited:
Thanks Daniel
I am the opposite I like the structure of a well rigged ship and to me personally it makes it complete.
But having said that I have seen some short masted kits and they look great as well.
Also I think with the work and effort put into the open hull it will look very good in its own right.

Robert

Great work Daniel - and the more I look at the patina on your copper plating, the more I like it. That brown effect certainly works for me! Okay

Great work Daniel - and the more I look at the patina on your copper plating, the more I like it. That brown effect certainly works for me! Okay
I forgot how 'cool' your copper hull turned out. Awesome job!

Thank you guys !!!! The Bounty is arriving to its end. YET !!! there are a lot of details to finish. Nevertheless, I have been preparing all for the next model. For now, let's finish this one.

Cheers
Daniel

Good morning Daniel- awesome coppering. The variable effects of how you applied the patina really fits your build. Cheers

Thank you Grant !!! I have seen more realistic cooperation works posted at SOS. Nevertheless thank you for the encouragement. And yes, it fits the build because all my woods have that look of being "used /weathered ".

When the Bounty is finished, I will try to give a greenish touch to the copper. Something very soft. The hull is fully lacquered now (3 coats) to avoid further oxidation of the copper. I would like to see if I can apply, over the lacquer, a subtle greenish.

Let's see ......

Cheers
Daniel

Hi Guys

I decided to apply today the greenish touch for a more realistic oxidation look. It is very soft, but enought to provide the look I was searching for.

Depending on how lights reflects it is stronger or softer. I placed the lights to be seen in its strongest look. Nevertheless, I suggest you to zoom the pictures to get the real "oxidation level" :)

Hull is finished now.

20220305_122124.jpg20220305_121810.jpg20220305_121715.jpg20220305_121318.jpg20220305_121242.jpg20220305_121043.jpg

Cheers
Daniel

Hi

Thank you for all the likes and positive comments !!!!

I received today the first 60 volumes of the Nautical Research Guild in digital (pdf files). I was very happy and opened a few. On Volume 48 0r 49 (not 100% sure now) I saw this Bounty and decided it deserves to be posted. I am not going to post the article as I am not sure if there is any copyright issue. Nevertheless, a couple of pictures will be enough.

20220305_135935.jpg20220305_135907.jpg20220305_135710.jpg

The model won a silver medal in a competition. As detailed below.

20220305_140158.jpg

@Maarten will love this

Nice !!!!

Cheers
Daniel

Back