Soleil Royal - Heller 1/100 Back to work!

Good day,
Dfolgado,
Need to find info... remember I saw somewhere how to calculate anchor rope diam...:rolleyes:
Ps
Anchor rope could be fitted at the last stage of model assembling...still have time:)
Thanks Kirill! I know that I have plenty of time, probably years…

Did You check R.Hoeckel book ?
like this for example http://www.modellmarine.de/index.ph...-heftserien/delius-klasing/501--sp-1542741121
There is guidance how to calculate anchor rope thickness depends on ship width .
Unfortunately I have this book translated in Russian only, but it is my favorite due to a few reasons- it's small in pages, may be in 2 times smaller than Anderson book :)))
but!- very informative!!! :)))
I think there must be some other books which gives formulas for such calculations, probably it could be found in Mondfeld book?
Hoeckel gives that diam of anchor rope equal each feet of ship width multiply by 0.5 inch length of rope circumference ... funny , as I remember ,when I was busy with making my anchor rope... first I made calculations, yes, but than I've just chosen such thickness which suits my eyes in appearance on the model ... :)))

Attachments

• Снимок.PNG
    Снимок.PNG
    143.3 KB · Views: 4
Did You check R.Hoeckel book ?
like this for example http://www.modellmarine.de/index.ph...-heftserien/delius-klasing/501--sp-1542741121
There is guidance how to calculate anchor rope thickness depends on ship width .
Unfortunately I have this book translated in Russian only, but it is my favorite due to a few reasons- it's small in pages, may be in 2 times smaller than Anderson book :)))
but!- very informative!!! :)))
I think there must be some other books which gives formulas for such calculations, probably it could be found in Mondfeld book?
Hoeckel gives that diam of anchor rope equal each feet of ship width multiply by 0.5 inch length of rope circumference ... funny , as I remember ,when I was busy with making my anchor rope... first I made calculations, yes, but than I've just chosen such thickness which suits my eyes in appearance on the model ... :)))
Hi Kirill4 , i have this book and is amazing.. of course german language but now i can use google translator app each help scanning page and help much. For me only us to small plans of SR bit i love this book.

I don’t have any if those books, neither can I find them on amazon… where did you get them?

I just love this kind of books…
Hi Dfolgado, I bought in polish online shop Allegro.. but Im sure you can buy in Amazon or Ebay and these are very good recommended.

I really like your approach to the head grating. This is a detail that I have been puzzling over, as well, as I have to make all new headrails, and the sweep of the headrails will change, slightly from the stock kit. I think your structure of cross members makes a lot of sense, here, and I will endeavor to do something like this.

Hello all, I would like to share my works on the Heller Soleil Royal.

I’m building this for several time now, after some time I get tired and need a break! Last stoppage was back in April 2020, I resumed it now in August 2021.

I correct some very well know aspects of the kit that were supposedly “wrong”, namely:

I open the stern side galleries
Relocate the water line 1cm above the kit mark, just touching the first wale, this way the hull proportions looks much better
I’m working now on the stem cathead support timbers, which are non existent in the kit…

View attachment 250892View attachment 250893View attachment 250894View attachment 250895View attachment 250896
I just got the same ship for this past Christmas but having a tough time understanding the instructions. Could you help me in this? In the pictures I include I show the instruction book and a table I don’t know how to read or understand, also some rigging that it’s not clear where it ends up or attaches to.

1D74A0BF-ED66-49FF-ABD7-6C11EAD8CEA9.jpeg

71CBFC42-7361-4BE1-9F50-D8DE117CB60D.jpeg

11833412-FEDE-47E2-BECC-C0BA910B2981.jpeg

21C3AA33-A515-48C0-9C67-3B6427478D2A.jpeg

8085BF12-B8E7-4531-B442-B591BFAED00B.jpeg

I just got the same ship for this past Christmas but having a tough time understanding the instructions. Could you help me in this? In the pictures I include I show the instruction book and a table I don’t know how to read or understand, also some rigging that it’s not clear where it ends up or attaches to.

View attachment 293799

View attachment 293800

View attachment 293801

View attachment 293802

View attachment 293803

Hi E2karnivor, i think good to have book with rigging. Help much and with many problems help understand how do rigging coz many instructions have not clear pictures . You can find here in SoS many information and pictures also. But remember that book in your hand will be greatest thing for modeling. You will always back to it. In Pinterest You can check few photos how look various rigging and many others just for help imagine how its look. SR is amazing and beauty ship so do not be hurry and make calm with smile. I hope you can do,

Hi E2karnivor, i think good to have book with rigging. Help much and with many problems help understand how do rigging coz many instructions have not clear pictures . You can find here in SoS many information and pictures also. But remember that book in your hand will be greatest thing for modeling. You will always back to it. In Pinterest You can check few photos how look various rigging and many others just for help imagine how its look. SR is amazing and beauty ship so do not be hurry and make calm with smile. I hope you can do,
Thanks for your reply, but I really am interested in understanding what’s in my construction specialties at TatuThanks for your reply, but I really am interested in understanding what’s in my construction specialties that table in my pictures. If I get to understand completely that instruction book including the table and what all the numbers mean and figure it out, then I will be hesitant to get another Heller model, That’s why I am so focused on trying to find out what this table means, how to read it and in general able to look at this instruction book and know what everything means and where everything goes.

Thanks for your reply, but I really am interested in understanding what’s in my construction specialties at TatuThanks for your reply, but I really am interested in understanding what’s in my construction specialties that table in my pictures. If I get to understand completely that instruction book including the table and what all the numbers mean and figure it out, then I will be hesitant to get another Heller model, That’s why I am so focused on trying to find out what this table means, how to read it and in general able to look at this instruction book and know what everything means and where everything goes.
How about reviewing build logs on this forum...maybe get an idea of how to proceed. And possibly contact others who have built this ship.

Screenshot_20220228-095016_Chrome.jpg

Hello all, I would like to share my works on the Heller Soleil Royal.

I’m building this for several time now, after some time I get tired and need a break! Last stoppage was back in April 2020, I resumed it now in August 2021.

I correct some very well know aspects of the kit that were supposedly “wrong”, namely:

I open the stern side galleries
Relocate the water line 1cm above the kit mark, just touching the first wale, this way the hull proportions looks much better
I’m working now on the stem cathead support timbers, which are non existent in the kit…

View attachment 250892View attachment 250893View attachment 250894View attachment 250895View attachment 250896
I have the same ship but having trouble with the original instructions( see attachment pic) and would like to know if you can explain how to read this table (see pic) cus I don’t know how or understand it, as you can see by the pictures there are several rigging areas that seem to just float in the air and no attachment place is described or assigned. Can you please help me with this?

View attachment 293799

View attachment 293800

View attachment 293801

View attachment 293802

View attachment 293803
Good evening E2karnivor, I can help you step by step only with English equipment

i have some books on english equipment
I still don’t understand what you’re trying to say about English equipment, but I’m trying to get to just be able to understand and how to read the table shown and instructions of this model (Heller Soleil Royal 1/100 #80899)

I still don’t understand what you’re trying to say about English equipment, but I’m trying to get to just be able to understand and how to read the table shown and instructions of this model (Heller Soleil Royal 1/100 #80899)
I don't speak English, I can't help you other than a book, I'm sorry we don't understand each other

If I could... I believe Frank is saying that he is most knowledgeable about - and has resources that pertain to - ships that were built in England. Soleil Royal is a ship of French origin. I hope this helps.

Back