View attachment 390060
and under the Fo'c'sle

View attachment 390061
and several views of the after bulkheads,

View attachment 390062

View attachment 390063

Thanks again,

best regards john,
Hi John, I built Euromodels version of the Royal William, I thought at the time that I had done well and produced a nice model but now I’m deflated, seeing your effort makes mine look like a toy. The difficulty and execution of yours is so much better it’s in a different league, You have my admiration. Ken

Good afternoon John. Stunning. Cheers Grant
Hi John, I built Euromodels version of the Royal William, I thought at the time that I had done well and produced a nice model but now I’m deflated, seeing your effort makes mine look like a toy. The difficulty and execution of yours is so much better it’s in a different league, You have my admiration. Ken
She is going to be a beauty. Wonderful work.

Thanks guys for nice comments and the likes, sorry I'm late replying,

Best regards john,

1126.jpg
Attaching the cannon in the waist,

1127.jpg
I should have done these before attaching the gangways above them, so I had to jury rig the recoil ropes, because I couldn't get to the bulwarks I had to just drill a hole for the ends of the rope to go in, hopefully they will not notice too much,

1128.jpg
View along the deck,

1129.jpg
a close up view,

1130.jpg

Best regards John.

1129.jpg
That's what I call a nice view.

View attachment 393297
Attaching the cannon in the waist,

View attachment 393298
I should have done these before attaching the gangways above them, so I had to jury rig the recoil ropes, because I couldn't get to the bulwarks I had to just drill a hole for the ends of the rope to go in, hopefully they will not notice too much,

View attachment 393299
View along the deck,

View attachment 393300
a close up view,

View attachment 393301

Best regards John.
I am sure the only person that will notice is yourself, great work john.

Cheers,
Stephen.

1132.jpg
Making up the ladders, I had some decent bought ladders, however i needed them a little bit narrower than they were, so I built them as they were and then when the glue had dried I cut them down to a narrower size on my little saw, the pic shows one being put together with the cut down one behind it.

1133.jpg
after two have been cut down,

1134.jpg
this is how I cut them down, I had plenty of ladder sides and I found it easier to glue them together and then after the glue had set I cut them, the glue held them together nicely so I just glued on a new side,

best regards John,

1131.jpg

1135.jpg
I've been putting off this job, making and setting the sheaves into the side of the hull, first off I had to cut a hole on both sides of the hull,

1136.jpg
after making up the sheaves, test fitting before trimming the bras wire to size,

1137.jpg
and after gluing in place, on reflection I should have blackened the sheaves before fitting, maybe the varnish will be enough, there is a decorative moulding to go in the slot above,

thanks for looking in, any questions just ask,

best regards john,

1144.jpg
Now I have to make a decision, whether to use these three boats that i made up from kits, if I use these then I have to install skid beams which the RW did'nt have or to use a least one of the last two boats that I have scratch built ( the last two pics ) and to use the Gallows with spare top masts,I have to have a think about it, what do you guys reckon,
1145.jpg

1146.jpg
The top one is a launch and the bottom a Pinnace,

1147.jpg

best regards John,

Back