POF Hayling 1760

Novichok if I understand correctly you are talking about the false keel. This part is not laser cut but a loose strip. The manual says this should be 1x6mm. I couldn’t find this strip and used 2 strips of 1x3mm.
Arne

I have a question for those who build such a set.a thin and long piece is glued to the keel from below.we found such a plate.is that her?
I think you are correct, but it is pure guess from my side, due to the fact, that I do not know the kit personaly.
It is looking like the fasle keel, which was installed at the original ships in order to protect the real keel against damages - the false keel was a wear part and were possible to change

Installation along this length - you see that you have a height difference shortly after the stern

IMG_20221220_212133.jpg

Here a photo from the developer of the kit and you can see the false keel installed

IMG_20220304_135941.jpg

Please check the total length of these three parts together, if it is the same length like under your keel !!!!

IMG_20221220_220239.jpg

If yes I would install them in the order mentioned in my photo - the small laser marks are making for me in moment no sense, because the parts of the false keel were not overlapping - but who knows

But maybe @Modelship Dockyard can explain this in a better way

Novichok if I understand correctly you are talking about the false keel. This part is not laser cut but a loose strip. The manual says this should be 1x6mm. I couldn’t find this strip and used 2 strips of 1x3mm.
Arne
Arne is correct with these three laser strips, which are not the false keel - they will be necessary for something else

Screenshot 2022-12-21 113126.png

and under 17 is written

Screenshot 2022-12-21 113340.png

Attach false keel, this is NOT a laser cut part, use 1*6mm pear wood strip in the kit

Hello. there is no such strip in the set.I have already ordered a strip from the online store.the courier will bring it tomorrow.

Hello. there is no such strip in the set.I have already ordered a strip from the online store.the courier will bring it tomorrow.
The good thing is, that you can install the false keel also much later

The build description for this model is confusing in many places. I finally gave up trying to follow it and built freehand. I think the parts you show are meant to be for the false keel. They don't fit anywhere else. Markings on the parts are probably meant to make a phase.

Hello.the courier is on his way.I'll put a solid rail.but then it's even more interesting, as Alice in Wonderland said, weirder and weirder.I decided to assemble the first frame and decided that it would be "0", but there are two parts with this number in the set.one is thicker than the other is thinner.having died once, I chose the 0 that is thinner.I don't know where the other one will go yet.as the heroine of Gone with the wind said, I'll think about it tomorrow.

IMG_20221221_165327.jpg

IMG_20221221_161127.jpg

IMG_20221221_165630.jpg

Hello.the courier is on his way.I'll put a solid rail.but then it's even more interesting, as Alice in Wonderland said, weirder and weirder.I decided to assemble the first frame and decided that it would be "0", but there are two parts with this number in the set.one is thicker than the other is thinner.having died once, I chose the 0 that is thinner.I don't know where the other one will go yet.as the heroine of Gone with the wind said, I'll think about it tomorrow.

View attachment 346809

View attachment 346810

View attachment 346811
Hi Novichok, there's something that doesn't add up to me about the composition of the frames, I don't know that floors like this, I would advise you to read up on these details.

IMG_20221221_165327.jpg

Hi Vadim,

There were some laser cutting issues on the first few kits we send out, and also some parts missing. It seems you got such issue, i'm sorry for this. We sent emails to customers for several times asking for sheets that needs to be replaced, but unfortunately we didn't received your reply. However, it is still our obligation to provide you good kit, so can you please give me a list of uncut parts, and also your address through PM, so that I can replace the parts for you for free.

Hello.thanks for the concern.but I can build it in this form.they told me how to deal with under-cutting.if there is a very serious problem, I will definitely write to you.I have another question for you.it concerns your HMS Blandford model .it is not for sale on Ali Express.how can it be purchased from Russia?

The top photo shows that I mixed up the A3 parts in places. we need to be more careful.I had to tear it off and rearrange it.
I did the same thing My assumption was each piece with the same number would be identical to the others) Not so. In the future I will look for this whenever there are several pieces with the same number

I decided to try to make traffic jams on the keel of the ship.I used a printout of the frame as a template.I cut out, applied and pierced the points with an awl.then I drilled with a drill of 0.6 mm. I made pointed tips from birch sticks and painted them black.then I stuck it with glue.I'll see what happens

IMG_20221223_205406.jpg

IMG_20221225_002754.jpg

Good evening.here's my news for today.keel didn't want to get in his place.I had to sharpen the conductor.I inserted all the toothpicks and started gluing the frames.how much dust can 1 frame produce.very much.therefore, I wear them to work and in my spare time I sharpen them slowly.while sharpening approximately.I will process it completely after I collect them all.kirdyk how much dust.

IMG_20221225_205428.jpg

IMG_20221225_204505.jpg

IMG_20221227_215051.jpg

IMG_20221227_215020.jpg

IMG_20221227_214944.jpg

IMG_20221226_205108.jpg

Hello everyone.Let me congratulate all Christians on the Orthodox Christmas.And now to the point.I'm in trouble.notches were made on a pair of frames when the carbon was erased.what to do with it now, I will not attach icons to it.От така куйня малята

IMG-20230107-WA0002.jpg

IMG_20230107_094746.jpg

Good evening.I have a question.how do I find out the exact location of the part in the red oval?

IMG_20230306_231531~2.jpg

Bad building instructions and non-existing drawings make it impossible to find the exact location. I estimated a likely location and put them there. Perhaps the right thing to do is to ask the manufacturer.

Back