Le Rochefort - 1787 Harbor Yacht 1:24 - build log by Nersch

Hello all,

I‘m still struggling finding a new hobby room to continue my build. But I will keep you updated.

Today I have a different question.
How much time do you spend in an average week for this hobby?
I‘m asking because for me some private circumstance changed, so I will also have less time in the future. And I just want to see what time I need to squeeze out for this hobby.

I know it‘s different for everybody, but I just want to get a belly feeling.

Last edited:
Hello all,

I‘m still struggling finding a new hobby room to continue my build. But I will keep you updated.

Today I have a different question.
How much time do you spend in an average week for this hobby?
I‘m asking because for me some private circumstance changed, so I will also have less time in the future. And I just want to see what time I need to squeeze out for this hobby.

I know it‘s different for everybody, bit I just want to get a belly feeling.
Hi Dieter,
As you said I think the amount of time spent on our hobbies will vary individually. Personally, being retired, I can spend as little or as much as I want. That said, I probably average a couple of hours a day in the shipyard. Some days I can spend the whole day “playing” and then may go a week without putting my nose in the shop.
Best of luck in finding a new space and the time to spend in it.

Hello Dieter, I think it is difficult to give a time indication, there is no specification or the like, how much time you spend with the hobby is entirely up to YOU. For example, I haven't done anything for a week, it's just summer at the moment and we, my wife and I, spend a lot in the garden and just enjoy the mild summer nights by the pool in the evenings. The most important thing in my opinion is still YOU are the master builder and determine your time.

Hi Tobias,
Thank you very much for your kind words.
Unfortunately I'm still searching for a new workshop and I'm really unhappy that I can not continue with Le Rochefort since 2 months.
I also didn't follow all other build logs in this forum for the last few weeks.

Please keep your fingers crossed that I'll be able to continue my build quite soon

hello, I really want to continue ... after such preparation. How much has been done. how much more to come... but for the sake of beauty. the beauty of the ship needs to be continued. I wish you creative strength, and creativity to continue building! I really like this style of modeling - POF. Yes, it is very time consuming, and requires a skilled, deliberate action, but it's great to watch the POF assembly. When all the details are very small .. and so tightly and perfectly fitted. I can't believe it was made by a huge man. You involuntarily fantasize that a team will appear now, the ship will come to life, move the forest, whisper gear ... oh!

Hello Dieter, I think it is difficult to give a time indication, there is no specification or the like, how much time you spend with the hobby is entirely up to YOU. For example, I haven't done anything for a week, it's just summer at the moment and we, my wife and I, spend a lot in the garden and just enjoy the mild summer nights by the pool in the evenings. The most important thing in my opinion is still YOU are the master builder and determine your time.
yes indeed agreed. I haven't done anything since March !

Hello everyone,

I started already some time ago my planning to build the Le Rochefort from ANCRE.
Some days ago I was informed during a local modeler meeting that this group build was started in the SOS forum and I would be very happy to join this group build.
I studied the already existing build logs and I'm sure that I can learn a lot from you guys.

What I'm still struggling is to decide on the scale I will/shall use to build my Le Rochefort.

I made a jig for the scale 1/24 and one for the scale 1/36 to have something on hand to get a better feeling for the scales and size, but I'm still undecided.
Maybe I have to throw a coin ;)
What would you consider to be easier for a beginner? 1/36 or 1/24?

I made these frames for the same purpose and I used pear and american boxwood (aka zapatero). Top and bottom on the image.

I'm looking forward to have a good communication and exchange with you.
Hallo @Nersch
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Enjoy your special day

It's a pity to hear that it's not going so well. Well, I don't know the exact location, from time to time there is also the possibility of finding various premises in the industrial estate. I wish you good luck in any case and hope to see updates from you again soon.

Hello Dieter,
now the year is almost over and I would be interested to know how your search for a new place of work is going. Anyway, I would like to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2024 and hope that it will fulfill your wishes.

Back