HMY Fubbs 1682 by Mike41 - Weasel Works – Stern Section – 1:24 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Display stand / Finished Pictures

I used white oak and bloodwood for the stand and my pool table for the photos background. The Fubbs Stern Section was the largest section model I have made, three months from start to finish was possible due to the precision parts in the kit by Mike Shanks and the artwork by Jodie. I will be continuing with the Santiago next.

IMG_5249.jpg

IMG_5250.jpg

IMG_5251.jpg

IMG_5252.jpg

IMG_5253.jpg

IMG_5254.jpg

IMG_5255.jpg

Hi Mike

Great job !!. Can you please publish a few pictures of your stand. I would like to see your design to support such a heavy model.

Thank you !
Daniel

I have seen somewhere where a builder used one of those fancy tools that they sell for making trim or flooring cuts, where it is series of bars and they conform to shape pressed against to allow user to cut matching notch in material. The poster used a large one to get exact shape of bottom of hull at location he was placing a stand and then cut it from stock with perfect match when done.

Hi Daniel, the board is 12 x 20 inches, and this is a couple of sketches I used to build the stand. If you need more drawings, I can make them.

Mike

IMG_5236.jpg

Attachments

• Fubbs Kit Base 1.pdf
    4.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Fubbs Kit-Base 2.pdf
    395.3 KB · Views: 11
Congratulations also from my side - you made a fine model - very good work

Thanks Kurk, I think DocBlake is planning on rigging the mizzen mast with a sail. He always has interesting builds.

Back