HMS Winchelsea 1764, 32 gun Frigate 1:48, Syren Ship model by Trussben

Thanks for all the “likes” and comments, it’s appreciated very much.
I have to say that a lot of the credit goes to Syren for his great design and laser cut parts - Chuck makes it a lot easier for me to look good.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the “likes” and comments, it’s appreciated very much.
I have to say that a lot of the credit goes to Syren for his great design and laser cut parts - Chuck makes it a lot easier for me to look good.
yes great work. Do you know if C.P. is going to make this a fully rigged model ever in the future?

Your beams are fitting very well - I am looking forward if the kit content also the lodging knees, carlings etc.
The curvatur of the last beam close to the stern looks different. Is there any reason for it?

Good Eye Uwek - I was still working on that! That last beam is laminated from 3 pieces which I am still working on, but here you can see the first two laminations glued in place and the round-up checked with a planking piece from the forward beams.
The third and final piece will be glued on top of this to create the rabbet for the QD planking soon.

EC80D2EC-085D-4F32-B47E-072E751F7130.jpeg

Hi, Im just finishing up my CAF HMS Enterprise and looking for the next project. I do like the POF kits from China. Also thinking of the CAF La Remmonnee as the next project as it will have a full interior in the Februar kit. What is your honest impression of the Winnie Model? Thanks, Paul

Hi, Im just finishing up my CAF HMS Enterprise and looking for the next project. I do like the POF kits from China. Also thinking of the CAF La Remmonnee as the next project as it will have a full interior in the Februar kit. What is your honest impression of the Winnie Model? Thanks, Paul
It's a darn shame that it isn't fully rigged

Ben, I am just finishing the CAF HMS Enterprise, and thinking of Winnie as my next project. Your Planking is beautiful! When I plank...not so good...what do you use to trim and sand each plank to get such a quality fit, especially at the Bow and Stern? Thanks, Paul
Hi

I use a number of things, but one of the best is my Byrnes disc sander for angles, and my Byrnes Table saw for cutting my strips.
I also throw out a lot planks if they don’t fit well, and bar clamps to get a tight fit.

Hi

In my opinion the Winchelsea is certainly among the top 3 POB models available at this moment, very accurate representation and superb instructions BUT it is not a beginners model and it is quite large.

If you like building POF models, why don’t you try fully scratch building something? Like a Swan class sloop or maybe something from ANCRE where there are good plans and monographs readily available.

Or Syren is developing a 1:36 fully rigged POF model of the Speedwell sloop that will probably become an excellent choice.
Lots to choose from in the market at the moment.

Ben

Back