HMS Sussex 1693

I just look at all those carvings and then think - what if she went into battle. Very good model. I do hope all was bespoke? 2.5 yrs, and you work? Thank you for sharing it! I think you learnt a lot. Very good selection of timber and put together: butt and joints too ….. very good!!!
The model was not made to order. I liked the photo of the model in the museum and decided to build it. I don't build custom models. I only build what I like. After building the model, I put it up for sale.

I have finished building the ship Sussex. Built on a scale of 1:48 according to the drawings of the British Admiralty and the book by Gilbert McArdley.
The keel, frames, side and deck plating, useful things are made of pear. The velvets and part of the cladding are made of black hornbeam. The decor is carved from boxwood. Spar made of dark pear. All wood is covered with tung varnish. All hull and deck boards are nailed to the ship's structure with wooden nails carved from light pear. There are about 5000 of them in the model. Ship dimensions: height 1300mm, length 1450mm, width 600mm.
Hallo @Karen
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

I am simply speechless. Congratulations on such a masterpiece. Rarely have I seen such a wonderful model. Thank you for showing it. I would have loved to have been a spectator during construction. Simply wonderful. You can't learn more than that. Simply THANK YOU

Wow! What a masterpiece! Something to which I can only aspire. Thank you for sharing this with us and a very happy birthday as well!

Pete

Back