HMS Sussex 1693

I have finished building the ship Sussex. Built on a scale of 1:48 according to the drawings of the British Admiralty and the book by Gilbert McArdley.
The keel, frames, side and deck plating, useful things are made of pear. The velvets and part of the cladding are made of black hornbeam. The decor is carved from boxwood. Spar made of dark pear. All wood is covered with tung varnish. All hull and deck boards are nailed to the ship's structure with wooden nails carved from light pear. There are about 5000 of them in the model. Ship dimensions: height 1300mm, length 1450mm, width 600mm.

103.JPG

What a beautiful - better amazing quality model
Really highest professional work - Many Many thanks for sharing this model

I would like to be an owner of such a great model.....

Will you show us also some photos during the building of the model - means during construction?
If not I will move afterwards this topic to the "finished models"

And now, after 2,5 years - what is the next project ? Would be great to show us the building in a building log.

Karen, where are the anchor ropes?
Hallo Alexander, as you know, during a longer sailing period, where no anchorage at a shore is planned, they removed the cable from the anchor and stowed the complete cable in the hold. The anchor was fixed without the cable....... so it can be explained, why there is no anchor cable :cool:

One other question:
Was the model build based on the McArdle book and planset?

Will you show us also some photos during the building of the model - means during construction?

And now, after 2,5 years - what is the next project ? Would be great to show us the building in a building log.

Hallo Alexander, as you know, during a longer sailing period, where no anchorage at a shore is planned, they removed the cable from the anchor and stowed the complete cable in the hold. The anchor was fixed without the cable....... so it can be explained, why there is no anchor cable :cool:
Uwe, that's just me, I got into a fight. In general, the model is made “excellently”. I saw Karen’s previous work at one of the National Championships live, and I’m ready to say that in real life it is much better than in the photo. Well done Karen Thumbsup

Uwe, that's just me, I got into a fight. In general, the model is made “excellently”. I saw Karen’s previous work at one of the National Championships live, and I’m ready to say that in real life it is much better than in the photo. Well done Karen Thumbsup
I would be very happy to see once this (and other) work(s) in real
Karen, if you don´t mind, it would be great also to see other ship models you have made in the past - please start other topics showing your work

I'm selling the model.
I don’t know yet which ship will be next.
There are few photographs of the construction process, but there is nothing interesting in them. I can create another topic later and post them there.

Back