HMS Sussex 1693

Perfection is just about the only word that comes to mind. Truly excellent workmanship and details, at a level I am thrilled to see but will never approach. I was a bit surprised not to see gun rigging, but everything I could see looked, well, perfect!

To call the model beautiful is an understatement. The photography really brings it out, excellent lighting and finest details without excuse or apology. First-rate in any class.

Dear Karen
Wow Wow Speechless:D
you have created a masterpiece &
Beautiful ship , great work !!!
If you could open topics about the two ships you posted this week, with the pictures from the process it would help us learn and understand your methods

I just look at all those carvings and then think - what if she went into battle. Very good model. I do hope all was bespoke? 2.5 yrs, and you work? Thank you for sharing it! I think you learnt a lot. Very good selection of timber and put together: butt and joints too ….. very good!!!

Perfection is just about the only word that comes to mind. Truly excellent workmanship and details, at a level I am thrilled to see but will never approach. I was a bit surprised not to see gun rigging, but everything I could see looked, well, perfect!
I made the model as a copy, which is in the British Museum. Museum models do not have accessories for guns.

Back